• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

random fact game

Ron

• Administrators

Alaska has no reptiles, with one exception, a small tree frog that is able to freeze solid to survive the harsh winters. Here is a link to tell you about this amazing creature and how it is able to survive being frozen solid.

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/08/21/how-the-alaska-wood-frog-survives-being-frozen/

Edited by Jim_Alaska

• Moderators

Goats, contrary to popular notion, do not eat anything. In fact, they are quite picky eaters when they can be. They do, however, taste about anything, and they really enjoy eating something that you specifically don't want them to. If you offer them a dollar bill, they will spit at it and refuse it. However, if it is sticking out of your pocket, they will snatch it out and run away and eat it. Just because you don't want them to. Ours won't eat alfalfa off the ground, but I have seen them pick up and eat plastic, just because I tell them not to.

• Moderators

Ukuleles and the Ark of the Covenant have something in common:

Koa is a great-looking Hawaiian hardwood, which produces some of the best sound in a ukulele. It is an Acacia wood, which is related to the shittim wood, (also acacia), used to make the Ark of the testimony and the other furniture of the tabernacle.

• Administrators

Goats, contrary to popular notion, do not eat anything. In fact, they are quite picky eaters when they can be. They do, however, taste about anything, and they really enjoy eating something that you specifically don't want them to. If you offer them a dollar bill, they will spit at it and refuse it. However, if it is sticking out of your pocket, they will snatch it out and run away and eat it. Just because you don't want them to. Ours won't eat alfalfa off the ground, but I have seen them pick up and eat plastic, just because I tell them not to.

I can identify with that Mike. Ours would always "nibble" most anything, but were actually picky eaters. They used to love to nibble shirt buttons and shoe laces, seemingly just to nibble something, never tried to eat them.