• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did you ever have the courage to say to God

• Members

Okay, I was challenged to do that about 2.5 years ago.

What happened? I have been in a trial of faith since then.

Have I learned anything about God and His glory? Oh my, YES! Such treasures I cannot begin to speak of them. I don't think there are any words that can describe what I have learned. I have a friend that has been with me in every step and as I try to explain to her what I have learned or am learning, words fail me. I stand in awe daily as this "thing" encompasses me. I marvel that I have been allowed this opportunity.

Psalm 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

I just wondered if any one else had ever experienced something similar.

• Members

I believe your request was answered by God in terms and conditions which are applicable to your stage of Christian growth. Only God knows how great of trials to bring on a person at any given time and while your trials (I am sure) are tremendous at this point in your Christian walk with the Lord there may well be a time when you will not recognize them as trials but as blessings because of the growth they brought into your life.

Believers are like small trees (Psalm 1:3) growing in a forest (local church) when we are young we hear the winds of the storm as it blows hard against the mature trees in the local body but we are protected and though the wind and the storm rage we are safely sheltered within and among those in the local church. As the sapling grows and matures it is buffeted about more and more until it is able to survive the brunt of the storm only now he rests in Christ and cherishes the comfort and fellowship of the local church.

In your case you have leaned in part on your friend (praise the Lord they were there) but also you are learning to rest in Christ. A great lesson that many have had to learn and I rejoice with you in your spiritual growth. The glory of God is truly personal and exciting continue to grow and exalt His holy name.

Orvals

• Administrators

Believers are like small trees (Psalm 1:3) growing in a forest (local church) when we are young we hear the winds of the storm as it blows hard against the mature trees in the local body but we are protected and though the wind and the storm rage we are safely sheltered within and among those in the local church. As the sapling grows and matures it is buffeted about more and more until it is able to survive the brunt of the storm only now he rests in Christ and cherishes the comfort and fellowship of the local church.
Orvals

Beautiful analogy!!!

• Members

Clearly, what God did for Moses was absolutely unique. It is very rare in the history of the Church for God to actually manifest Himself directly in dreams or visions, how much less to speak to someone "face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend" as He did with Moses (Ex.33:11). And what happened in Exodus 33 is even more remarkable and without precedent, so that it is hard to make comparisons.

Now what had been stated in the OP, giving the benefit of the doubt, is something along the lines of God working in your life in ways that let you know that what is happening is "of God". On this I would certainly agree, and say that not only does spiritual growth produce differences in this regard, but any number of factors do so as well. God deals with each of us as individuals, loving us, and wanting our best, and knowing each of us intimately so that it is no surprise that every thing He does for us is perfectly tailored to us individually.

Love,
Madeline

• Members
http://www.sermonnotebook.org/old%20tes ... _12-23.htm

Whenever I wake up and look out to see the dawn of a new day, am I not experiencing the Glory of God?

Whenever I experienced the joy of childbirth, did I not experience the Glory of God - not once but four times in my life!

Whenever I visit the Mighty Mississippi River, where I was Baptized 27 years ago, am I not viewing the Glory of God?

Whenever I stopped at Lookout Mountain in Tennessee, and I could view 7 states in one glance, was that not experiencing the Glory of God?

Whenever I see and hear people scoff at the Lord, and His People, and then witness a mighty movement of God, such as Hurricanes, am I not a witness to the awesome power and glory of God?

I do not necessarily think that experiencing the Glory of God is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion - it is a way of life and living in the Lord!

• Members

God indeed makes Himself known by what He has made (Rom.1:18-21; cf. Ps.19). For unbelievers, this is a signal for them to acknowledge and turn to Him. For believers, the wonders of the creation are a constant reminder of who He is. Since "who He is" is alternatively described in scripture as His "glory", that is, the amazing revelation of the fullness of God, to the extent that we appreciate Him from the things listed in the previous post, to that extent we appreciate a small measure of His glory. But as wonderful as sunsets are, and as emotional as I get watching them, they can't compare to the truth found in the Word of God and the joy of knowing the deep things of God that come forth from diligent study and teaching of the Bible. Oooooh, the unimaginable Glory that awaits when we see the Lord face to face, and to those who truly seek His face. :smile

Love,
Madeline

• Members
http://www.sermonnotebook.org/old%20testament/Ex%2033_12-23.htm

Whenever I wake up and look out to see the dawn of a new day, am I not experiencing the Glory of God?

Whenever I experienced the joy of childbirth, did I not experience the Glory of God - not once but four times in my life!

Whenever I visit the Mighty Mississippi River, where I was Baptized 27 years ago, am I not viewing the Glory of God?

Whenever I stopped at Lookout Mountain in Tennessee, and I could view 7 states in one glance, was that not experiencing the Glory of God?

Whenever I see and hear people scoff at the Lord, and His People, and then witness a mighty movement of God, such as Hurricanes, am I not a witness to the awesome power and glory of God?

I do not necessarily think that experiencing the Glory of God is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion - it is a way of life and living in the Lord!

Yes, those are part of the glory of God, but only a small taste of who He is. Moses saw the burning bush but still he knew there was more because he asked the Lord to show him.

• Members
Okay, I was challenged to do that about 2.5 years ago.

What happened? I have been in a trial of faith since then.

Have I learned anything about God and His glory? Oh my, YES! Such treasures I cannot begin to speak of them. I don't think there are any words that can describe what I have learned. I have a friend that has been with me in every step and as I try to explain to her what I have learned or am learning, words fail me. I stand in awe daily as this "thing" encompasses me. I marvel that I have been allowed this opportunity.

Psalm 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

I just wondered if any one else had ever experienced something similar.

me2 10 years ago.

• Members
I have seen people who mocked God and dared him to show Himself - and God showed up in a big way!!!

fools,,,,,,,, Like Romans one verse twenty and twenty one, ya know....

Nuther ones that kill me are those who say they believe but discount the creation, DUMB!

DUMB! man, I shut up now.OK?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

First I'd have to say if the verse is read a challenge to God then it's pretty gutsy (or insane- see Luke 4:12). On the other hand the hebrew words in the passage can also be read a prayer for God to show(or priovde) his Honour. Considering the context -God had condsidered leaving them to their own devices, Moses had plead for God not to abandon them, and God said Moses had found grace in His sight) Moses may very well have merely been asking for God to demonstrate that He still accepted them as His chosen people - remember the others were watching.

In fact, in the Jewish encyclopedia states, "as God is about to withdraw from them His blessed presence and to leave them unguided in the wilderness. Moses' intercession prevails. When he petitions God to tell him who will accompany them, what He intends to do, and how He will manifest His splendor, God commands him to make new tablets, and reveals Himself to Moses as a God of inexhaustible love and mercy."

Either way, I must admit that I have (in extreme cicumstances) asked God where he was and why didn't He help) - I have since plead for His forgiveness for doing so. In human terms I plead temporary insanity - it wasn't guts!

Wayne