• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Age difference

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Wow' date=' i am learning so much here :lol , i am just wondering what are your thoughts about a woman marrying a man 5 years younger than her? ;-)[/quote']

I have no problem with that. This is especially true if we are talking about Christians who allowed the Lord to bring them together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My wife is 8 years my senior and we have been married 40 years. We have had only two arguments of consequence in the last 25 years and I was the I was at the root of both. In the early years she was the strength and maturity of our marriage and in many ways she still is in my mind, though it is obvious I have matured as a man and husband and father.

One thing that has been more prominent in recent discussions is our age and our future and because she is older she does not like think about it or talk about it because it brings a certain sorrow to her mind and emotions. None-the-less I am a very straight forward man and concerning our future I believe that we do need to speak of it even though I know it brings pain to both of us. Though she is older I fully expect to die first (based on my family history) therefore I am striving to make sure she knows about our life insurance, the letters written to our children and to her, my will and what my plan is to take care of her after I am gone. What she wants from me now is a more hands on love and by that I am saying she wants us to be together more, hold hands, hug, kiss basically she desires a reafirmation that she is still lovely and desirable and the only one for me.

At times this is difficult for me not because I don't cherish her but because I have never been a hands on person. I find it interesting that the Lord has allowed me to understand (I think) what is going on with my wife and his grace is allowing me to change in this regard. I don't like to walk but am learning to take walks with my wife, I am not much for hugging but I make sure that when we are in the pressence of other women (especially younger)I hug her and hold her hand.

I do not regret in any way shape or form the age differences (I was 19 and she was 27) of our marriage but I will say that growing up (first ten years) and growing older (last five and counting) demand the most change and depend more on love and respect than the intervening years.

Orvals

• Administrators

orvals, that is a great! I heard many years ago that, typically, a woman will live 8 years longer than her spouse. Of course, that is not always true - my grandpa has been gone for 13 years and grandma is still going. She'll be 100 this November. George Mueller married a woman 8 years older than he was (his first wife). And they had a great marriage.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

I don't know what it is exactly, but Satan has been doing his best to bring back past traumatic events. It happened to me twice at work, today at church, and now on this resurrected thread. I have loooooooong forgotten about this thread and wasn't aware of what I had written about my father in the past until today...and now my heart is again grieved. It's time to lock this thread and put the past where it belongs. The Lord rebuke thee, Satan!

Love,
Madeline