• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I am all about submission, but oh my word!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
It's not scriptural. Spanking of wives? Twisted the scripture out of context.

Believe it or not, disciplining of one's wife was practiced for many years by various groups and churches of the Christian faith; even in North America. It was practiced even in the 1800's and there were church manuals written on how to properly discipline one's wife........................They thought it was Scriptural and anyone who didn't do it wasn't Biblical or Conservative enough!

P.S. I do not condone and I also find it repulsive; just saying there were many a "fundamentalist" Christian who at one time thought it was Scriptural.

• Members

Believe it or not, disciplining of one's wife was practiced for many years by various groups and churches of the Christian faith; even in North America. It was practiced even in the 1800's and there were church manuals written on how to properly discipline one's wife........................They thought it was Scriptural and anyone who didn't do it wasn't Biblical or Conservative enough!

P.S. I do not condone and I also find it repulsive; just saying there were many a "fundamentalist" Christian who at one time thought it was Scriptural.

Definitely in the OT a man would "discipline" his wife but I don't see it in the NT.

Guest Guest

I was surprised the husband and wife had to both agree to this action. I would have suggested timeout! We do need to talk about this,especially christian men,otherwise the women that believe this is right won't recieve the message from another women but from a christan man kindly explaining with scrpture they may really consider is this right or wrong? Understand? Most women, I believe ,want to please their husband so if he says so with "his scrpture" backing it up she may feel this is needed. Making since to anyone? Just trying to serve the Lord-Pixiedust

• Members

I've encountered some like this. From what I've seen and read, more often than not, this idea is used mostly as an excuse for the husband to beat his wife into submission (and this seems to often include much more than spanking); and secondarily as a form of sexual excitement for one or both parties.

It is true that over the years such has been rather commonly practiced and held as acceptable among more than a few. I have my doubts that it's been practiced much in the "rare" manner as the website discusses.

• Members

The very fact they say they are trying to stay away from eroticism tells me its just a hypocritical cover up for that exact thing. Especially since they say it must be "consensual". Yeah right.

Any woman on here wanna get beat?

Didn't think so...

Guest Guest
I've encountered some like this. From what I've seen and read, more often than not, this idea is used mostly as an excuse for the husband to beat his wife into submission (and this seems to often include much more than spanking); and secondarily as a form of sexual excitement for one or both parties.

It is true that over the years such has been rather commonly practiced and held as acceptable among more than a few. I have my doubts that it's been practiced much in the "rare" manner as the website discusses.

Yeah, you saved me from typing out my thoughts. Thanks.

Guest Guest

Doesn't anyone think maybe some are really sincere? I read everything on that sight so that's why I wonder? Or is that because I'm a women? :hide Trying to have love for them how the Lord does! Pixiedust

• Members

There probably are a few sincere couples out there who may even practice this in the way mentioned on that first page.

Of course, even some of those who go overboard or who carry this into an erotic nature may be sincere.

However, just because someone is sincere doesn't mean they are right or going about things right. Peter was likely sincere in trying to help Jesus when he cut that man's ear off in the Garden but that wasn't the right thing to do at that time.