• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Teaching position for my wife

• Members

My wife has a degree in elementary education and is licensed, but not certified (she needs to teach a year before she can be certified). She's been subbing for a couple of years now, and just got finished with a long term subbing job at a Christian school. She's finally decided that she needs to seriously pursue a job at a public school. Before she wanted to either continue subbing or get a job at a Christian school, but I kept telling her that while Christian kids need to be either homeschooled or go to a Christian school, public schools desperately need more Christian teachers.

She's been putting in her application and resume at nearby schools, but we don't know what her chances would be since she's been out of school so long.

Getting a position would help our family financially as well as place another Christian teacher in public schools. I'd continue homeschooling the kids and running my freelance business from home.

Pray that she gets the right class at the right school.