• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Abortion: Obama plans to rescind the conscience rule

• Members

I decided to post this for anyone who is interested. This is all over the internet if you google it. Here is a link to the AFA action site a (family member e-mailed it to me earlier today.) Apparently, Obama is going to take comments on the subject for 30 days. With this link you can send a quick message to Obama about it asking him not to rescind it.

http://capwiz.com/afanet/issues/alert/? ... 31&type=PR

• Members

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

1 Peter 4:12-19 (KJV)

When Christians are discriminated against, when are we suppose to fight it, that is fight back, protest, and or when are we to take it patently being happy we are suffering for our Lord for the Lord has told us if we follow Him we will suffer because of it.

7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

2 Cor 1:7 (KJV)

Seems its constantly, Christians fighting for the good life the world can provide, fighting with all our might to be sure we get a our big cut of the good life and the money that comes with it, to be sure we suffer in no form or fashion.

In fact, AFA, America Family Association would probably not get many donations if it were not for such stuff as this. Wonder how many hears woudl be changed if we took it patiently, and put all of our effort behind spreading the Word, after all Jesus is the only thing that can change a heart and or give one life eternal in heaven. Maybe we are to concerned about the cares of this life, remember what that will do.

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Luke 21:34-35 (KJV)

14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

Luke 8:14 (KJV)

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Matt 13:22 (KJV)

19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Mark 4:19 (KJV)

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Heb 11:24-27 (KJV)

Moses, he gave up the good life, the life that riches could provide, gave it up to walk with God, that is went thru much suffering rather than enjoy what the world could offer. Seem many of us will fight to our death to be sure we get what we think we deserve. Yes, seems Moses gave upsthe care of this world, Luke 8:14.

Something to think and meditate on.

• Members

If this decision is open for public comment then those who wish to express themselves should do so now.

That said, regardless of how Obama rules it will be up to each individual Christian who works in the effected fields to determine whether they are willing to stand with Christ and refuse to murder babies even if it means they lose their jobs or if they will take the easy out claiming they "have to" murder babies now and just conform to the world.

• Members

Re: We must have freedom of conscience!
Dear President Obama:

The federal government cannot intrude upon an individual's God-given conscience, so long as that individual is not causing harm to himself or others.

If a doctor refuses to perform an abortion on a woman, it does not hinder another doctor from performing the same (life-destroying) operation. The woman can go to another doctor and have the operation done.

But to force the doctor to go against his conscience and end a human life, which I, along with millions of others, strongly believe is murder? This is an unjust encroachment of the federal government upon individual rights.

One day we will all stand before God and answer for what we have done in our lives. Please do not let these doctors stand guilty of (what they believe is) murder because of something the government (i.e., you) forced them to do.

Rescinding the "conscience rule" would be an attack on individual liberties like America has never seen before.

Respectfully
Samer Adra

• Administrators
A Christian couldn't pick to help abort un-born babies!! :pray :pray :pray

Oh, but there were many Christians who voted for BO...who has already reversed the block to federally fund abortions outside of the US, is heading towards this conscience thing, before he was elected promised to reverse the ban on partial birth abortion....

• Members
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

1 Peter 4:12-19 (KJV)

When Christians are discriminated against, when are we suppose to fight it, that is fight back, protest, and or when are we to take it patently being happy we are suffering for our Lord for the Lord has told us if we follow Him we will suffer because of it.

7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

2 Cor 1:7 (KJV)

Seems its constantly, Christians fighting for the good life the world can provide, fighting with all our might to be sure we get a our big cut of the good life and the money that comes with it, to be sure we suffer in no form or fashion.

In fact, AFA, America Family Association would probably not get many donations if it were not for such stuff as this. Wonder how many hears woudl be changed if we took it patiently, and put all of our effort behind spreading the Word, after all Jesus is the only thing that can change a heart and or give one life eternal in heaven. Maybe we are to concerned about the cares of this life, remember what that will do.

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Luke 21:34-35 (KJV)

14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

Luke 8:14 (KJV)

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Matt 13:22 (KJV)

19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Mark 4:19 (KJV)

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Heb 11:24-27 (KJV)

Moses, he gave up the good life, the life that riches could provide, gave it up to walk with God, that is went thru much suffering rather than enjoy what the world could offer. Seem many of us will fight to our death to be sure we get what we think we deserve. Yes, seems Moses gave upsthe care of this world, Luke 8:14.

Something to think and meditate on.

:puzzled: I'm perplexed by your post, Jerry. Are you against speaking out about abortion? Or are you against AFA? I was not necessarily endorsing AFA in general..........just relaying time sensitive information concerning upcoming abortion legislation proposed by Obama that I thought others might have missed. The abortion issue, in my mind, is a far cry from store chain boycotts and such. I'm actually surprised that Obama asked for input. He may not even listen, but I personally decided that I could not remain silent when given the chance to speak on behalf of all those innocent lives that were never given an opportunity to speak for themselves.

• Members

:puzzled: I'm perplexed by your post, Jerry. Are you against speaking out about abortion? Or are you against AFA? I was not necessarily endorsing AFA in general..........just relaying time sensitive information concerning upcoming abortion legislation proposed by Obama that I thought others might have missed. The abortion issue, in my mind, is a far cry from store chain boycotts and such. I'm actually surprised that Obama asked for input. He may not even listen, but I personally decided that I could not remain silent when given the chance to speak on behalf of all those innocent lives that were never given an opportunity to speak for themselves.

I'm 100 % for Jesus, Jesus is a heart changer, evil flows from within the heart, the only thing that will change that evil heart is Jesus, and if we study the New Testament we will see Jesus sent His apostles on a mission to preach the Word.

You can put laws in place in this country that will filled the pages of every book in this country, it will not change a heart, but Jesus can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We cannot serve God and money. Which is of more eternal value, the life of a child or the size of a paycheck?

How many here are so hardened that they would refuse to give up an entire weeks, even an entire months pay, if that were the only way to save the life of one precious child?

Scripture is very clear that a persons life is of far greater value than all the money in the world.

• Members

My observations, and MHO while observing many people thru out my 62 years who call their self Christians, let me say this 1st, I'm speaking of true life observing, not no one on OB.

Most Christians try hard as they can to straddle the fence, serving both God and mammon, and the only difference between them and their worldly neighbor is they go to church maybe once, or twice a week, and never speak of God outside of their Christian circle for they do not want to offend anyone nor harm their social life and or their ability to make money.

And people with political ambitions will use God to try and gain the office they seek. Most of these do some real good lip service but fail miserably at standing up strong for the one and only true living God once elected. Either that or they don't know God nor God's way as well as they claim.