• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you play the lottery$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?

Do you play the lottery$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you play the lottery$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd rather not answer that question

• Members

I do not play the lottery, nor do I condone playing it. But..... I do benefit from it in the form of an annual Property Tax/Rent Rebate (for the elderly & disabled) which is funded by the PA Lottery.

My brother won $11,000 playing the lottery last year, but I know he also puts a lot back into it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Glad to see the consitency :thumb

As for the testimony thing, imo going to an arcade is a bad testimony also. Not only is the language awful, but the music is sooo bad too. I hate walking by there in the mall.

• Members

I don't play the lottery, only because the odds of winning are so bad. I think they're exploitive in general.

I will gamble - 21 tournaments, Omaha poker and the sort, but that's just for recreation. If I thought it would become a problem, I'd stop.

• Members
Glad to see the consitency :thumb

As for the testimony thing, imo going to an arcade is a bad testimony also. Not only is the language awful, but the music is sooo bad too. I hate walking by there in the mall.

Very true, of course with "arcade" that can include anything from a true arcade to Chuck E. Cheese's, etc.

I simply feel that gambling, lottery, poker, and such like are worldly and we are not to love the world...there's a seperation issue there that I don't feel God wants me to cross.

Not to mention unless you are super lucky, its a stupid way to spend money. haha.