• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm walking beter!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I don't share very well about my physical problems but the LORD won't let this go that I need to share this here. Hope this helps someone because I'm scared to death. Cann't explain just a private person in this area. What happen to my praise??!! I have Parkinsonism which has caused me to be unable to walk without a walker leave it by the doorway and walk--never said gracefully-to the sofa. I tried this in the kitchen but almost feel several times-husband told DR. on me and told me not to even be trying .We take soo much for granted!! Trust me we don't realize until we cann't. Be grateful for the seemingly small blessings!! The LORD is good and ALWAYS keeps His promises!! In Christ--Pixiedust

• Members

My mother was diagnosed with Parkinson a few years before she got down. I never really felt that was really what she had and several of the nurses in the nursing home she was in later did not either.

Above all things, take care of yourself, a broken bone is nothing you want at this time, so its a big risk to walk without your walker. Can't you still have you walker there just in case, that is to steady you, without really depending on leaning on it for support.

I commend your husband telling you doctor, :thumb, but you might not like me doing so, :bonk: , maybe you will listen to your doctor. Sure hope so.

But glad you've got more strength and can walk a bit on your own, but please don't, its to big of a risk.

Yes, we take way to many things for granted.

PS. I will add this PS, because I to do things at times I should not, the reason being most of the time is I cannot afford to pay someone to do them. But I do try to be careful, for I know if I don't I will be the one who pays for it and sufferers the pain.

Many times the wife just does not get it, but I understand its difficult on her to.

Guest Guest

Thank you for your love shown in concern for my "not braking a bone" and for "getting on to me" I know your right! I was trying to share the "I can actually walk some now!!" blesing. Please don't miss that part OK?? I'm being good-Promise!! Friends that "get it" are special. Your special! In Christ-Pixiedust

• Members
Thank you for your love shown in concern for my "not braking a bone" and for "getting on to me" I know your right! I was trying to share the "I can actually walk some now!!" blesing. Please don't miss that part OK?? I'm being good-Promise!! Friends that "get it" are special. Your special! In Christ-Pixiedust

I didn't get on to you, I'm sure you husband was looking out for your best interest. If you fell and broke a bone think what that would add to your load, it would give you much more to have to overcome.

All of those steps can be taken with the walker at hand just in case its needed, them perhaps in a few week with strength add by excising safely you might be able to put the walker aside.

But on the other hand if you fell and broke a bone what would that mean?

I'm cheering you on, but doing so in a safe way, I surely was not being negative. This is one of the things I hate about message boards.

Guest Guest

What I was trying to say was misunderstood so I'm sorry I was so unclear! ! I meant what I said to you in jest and then as a complement! Jerry only the LORD working a miracle could release me from a walker. I know He could perform this but not so sure I see that in His plan in the near future. I think of you understanding this part of my medical daily frusration because I understood you dealt with these daily as well. That's what I was trying to express to you! :puzzled: in Christ--Pixiedust

I didn't get on to you, I'm sure you husband was looking out for your best interest. If you fell and broke a bone think what that would add to your load, it would give you much more to have to overcome.

All of those steps can be taken with the walker at hand just in case its needed, them perhaps in a few week with strength add by excising safely you might be able to put the walker aside.

But on the other hand if you fell and broke a bone what would that mean?

I'm cheering you on, but doing so in a safe way, I surely was not being negative. This is one of the things I hate about message boards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Pixie,

Thanks for sharing I am sure it was tough making the decision to do so but we rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep. It helps us to pray for those in our OB community. Congratulations and I will be praying for you.

orvals