• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Legalizing drugs, would it be bad or good?

• Members

I like the way you put "Christian" in quotation marks, as if to question the Christianity of those who disagree with you.

You must feel very much at home here.

Actually, we're not doing that at all. I, for one, was very clear that intoxicating drug use is wrong.

ALL drugs are a controlled poison. You can't overdose from taking too much vitamin C. Take enough of ANY drug and you will die, so it's a controlled poison. I live in a city where if drugs were to be legalized it would be abused. I know because I work in a ministry where there are recovering addicts...addicts recovering from hard-core drugs, prescription medication, and every drug under the sun. And yes, I would question whether anyone who would be responsible for the death of many is truly a Christian. Ramble on...I won't have anything else to do with this boloney.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Thank you for the answer War_eagle, that is all I was asking for so I'm not sure why you would not answer me via PM.

I followed the Biblical structure by going to you in private first and then publicly.

Thanks again for finally responding. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

• Members
ALL drugs are a controlled poison. You can't overdose from taking too much vitamin C.

Actually, you can. Among other things a vitamin C overdose can severely damage the liver and cause miscarriages in pregnant women.

I live in a city where if drugs were to be legalized it would be abused.

How do you know?

I know because I work in a ministry where there are recovering addicts...addicts recovering from hard-core drugs, prescription medication, and every drug under the sun.

And to think, making recreational drugs illegal didn't keep them from abusing druge.

And yes, I would question whether anyone who would be responsible for the death of many is truly a Christian.

Then, by your own standard, I guess I should question whether you're really a Christian, given the numbers of people who have died as a result of the illegalization of drugs.

• Members

I didn't bother reading all the posts because the common sense answer is OBviously NO. WOW!!! Our church has been bending over backwards to make sure that marijuana does NOT get legalized, and now we have "christian" advocates wanting to legalize drugs? when does this end?

Isaiah 5:20 - Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Love,
Madeline

We should be careful when we take the Word of God out of context. It's the same as asserting our views as the Word of God, thereby asserting that we have the same authority as God. A scary, scary thought.

• Members

Thank you for the answer War_eagle, that is all I was asking for so I'm not sure why you would not answer me via PM.

Because I'm ignoring you as much as I can. You're not a good person, you're not a person of good character and you're not someone I want anything to do with.

I followed the Biblical structure by going to you in private first and then publicly.

Yeah, trying to goad somebody into a fight who has already acknowledged that they're wrong and has taken steps to rectify their error is really Biblical.

• Members

ALL drugs are a controlled poison. You can't overdose from taking too much vitamin C. Take enough of ANY drug and you will die, so it's a controlled poison. I live in a city where if drugs were to be legalized it would be abused. I know because I work in a ministry where there are recovering addicts...addicts recovering from hard-core drugs, prescription medication, and every drug under the sun. And yes, I would question whether anyone who would be responsible for the death of many is truly a Christian. Ramble on...I won't have anything else to do with this boloney.

Actually, not to be a pain in the butt, but you can overdose on many vitamins. lol
If you really think about it, a lot of things ruin people's lives. Look at how many people's lives were ruined just in the Bible. People make choices and they are responsible for those choices. If you wanna screw up your body, then that's your choice to make.

• Administrators

Do the people here know how to do anything else?

Are you ever going to stop with these attacks? I'm not asking you to believe like others, but I am asking you to respect others views.
[bible]Ephesians 4:32[/bible]

If anyone else has anything to add to this thread you can send me a PM and I will consider opening it.

Until then....:threadlockedbc5: