• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Legalizing drugs, would it be bad or good?

• Members

Now you see there Kevin, even you are getting into basing things upon your own experience or opinion. They are all alcoholic beverages. There will be those who would argue that they could sit down, pull out the bottle of Jack Daniels and pour a small glass and that wouldn't be any worse than the one or two glasses of wine or beer because they enjoy the flavor of the one over the other..........

Yet, you've made the conclusion that Jack Daniels is worse than beer or wine........

I'm not saying I support any of it, I am saying you must be consistent in your way of reasoning to conclusions and in my opinion you were not consistent as demonstrated by that statement.

I don't think I said a glass. I think I said a bottle of Jack Daniels. My point was moderation. If you can drink a shot of Jack Daniels without any effect, then more power to you, I don't have any interest in trying it. But I'm talking about wine and beer(which can have an alcohol content of less than 3%.). NOBody ever sits down and drinks five bottles of coke, there's no reason to sit down and drink 5 bottles of beer, unless your goal is to get drunk or be in the bathroom for the next three hours. :P

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Still waiting for you to explain why your name doesn't appear anywhere in the last of the three posts I made.

You are very aware that I did not post it in here, I sent it via PM. Since you were ignoring all of my PM's, I was then forced to post it in here. If you do not want it posted in here, then please do the proper thing and respond to the PM's that I sent.

BTW: You still have not answered the question. That could only mean that you have accused me of something you can't backup with any facts. I'm still waiting in case I am wrong.

• Members

I don't think I said a glass. I think I said a bottle of Jack Daniels. My point was moderation. If you can drink a shot of Jack Daniels without any effect, then more power to you, I don't have any interest in trying it. But I'm talking about wine and beer(which can have an alcohol content of less than 3%.). NOBody ever sits down and drinks five bottles of coke, there's no reason to sit down and drink 5 bottles of beer, unless your goal is to get drunk or be in the bathroom for the next three hours. :P

hmmm, I guess there is something wrong with my husband for drinking more than 5 bottles of soda (those poor waitresses have to keep refilling his drink too). Nah, he just get thirsty and doesn't like water.

• Members
BTW: You still have not answered the question. That could only mean that you have accused me of something you can't backup with any facts. I'm still waiting in case I am wrong.

So then, let me get this straight: even after I tried to be conciliatory and admitted to you that I was wrong and that I misjudged you in this case, and even though I tried to edit my post to remove your name and my claim about your beliefs, you're still going to try to goad me into a fight?

OK. I'll try this one more time. Go and look at posts #20, 21, and 22. If you take the time to read the three of them, you will notice that they are similar, but slightly different.

In post #20, I made a claim about you based, not on what you did, but based on what someone else did. I immediately realized that I was wrong and that it was unfair of me to do so.

I thought that I was editing my post but was unable to do so and what I thought I was a new, edited post, ended up as post #21 and 22.

I am unable to remove post #20 and can only stand by post #22, in which your name does not appear at all, nor is any reference at all made to you.

Believe me, Matt, I understand how much you love for me to grovel at your feet and to debase myself at your feet, but I believe I've done all that is Biblically required of me.

• Members

hmmm, I guess there is something wrong with my husband for drinking more than 5 bottles of soda (those poor waitresses have to keep refilling his drink too). Nah, he just get thirsty and doesn't like water.

Honestly...I would get a physical if I was him because it may be a sign of diabetes because no, it's not normal to drink five bottles of soda during the course of a meal.

• Members

Here is my final, corrected post (post #22) and what I had hoped would be satisfactory for Matt:

All prohibition of drugs has done is to increase crime, pack our prisons with non-violent and otherwise law abiding citizens, waste billions of tax payer dollars, and lead to laws and actions that have had severe adverse effects on our Constitution.

First, the federal government simply does not have the legal or Constitutional authority to tell people what to do or what to put in their mouths, so long as those things don't harm others.

Second, a guy works hard, loves his family, pays his taxes, and has never even gotten so much as a parking ticket. What's the point of putting him in a prison cell with murderers and rapists just because he got caught with a joint? If he has no intent to distribute then, at worst, he should be confined to his home or sentenced to community service.

Third, economics 101: The reason there is so much crime associated with recreational drugs is that they're so expensive and so hard to get.

By legalizing them, you take the profit away and, by doing that, you take away both the incentive of the drug dealer to sell them and you take away the need to knock little old ladies over the head to get money to buy them with.

Now, despite what Jerry is going to say about me, I do NOT advocate drug use. In fact, I think anybody who does drugs is a moron and that if you know someone who's doing drugs, you should do every thing in your power to persuade them to quit.

I also believe that the Bible is more than clear that we should abstain from all intoxicating substances.

However, I do not see a Biblical precedent for requiring others to abstain under threat of imprisonment, nor do I see a Constitutional allowance for the government to do so.

Could anyone please show me where I make any reference to Matt or his beliefs about recreational drugs?

• Members

I realize Jerry and Matt are going to accuse me of telling everybody to go out and do drugs and have orgies and whatnot, but the truth is that the War on Drugs has been a complete failure.

All prohibition of drugs has done is to increase crime, pack our prisons with non-violent and otherwise law abiding citizens, waste billions of tax payer dollars, and lead to laws and actions that have had severe adverse effects on our Constitution.

First, the federal government simply does not have the legal or Constitutional authority to tell people what to do or what to put in their mouths, so long as those things don't harm others.

Second, a guy works hard, loves his family, pays his taxes, and has never even gotten so much as a parking ticket. What's the point of putting him in a prison cell with murderers and rapists just because he got caught with a joint?

Third, economics 101: The reason there is so much crime associated with recreational drugs is that they're so expensive and so hard to get.

By legalizing them, you take the profit away and, by doing that, you take away both the incentive of the drug dealer to sell them and you take away the need to knock little old ladies over the head to get money to buy them with.

Now, despite what Jerry and Matt are going to say about me, I do NOT advocate drug use. In fact, I think anybody who does drugs is a moron and that if you know someone who's doing drugs, you should do every thing in your power to persuade them to quit.

I also believe that the Bible is more than clear that we should abstain from all intoxicating substances.

However, I do not see a Biblical precedent for requiring others to abstain, nor do I see a Constitutional allowance for the government to do so.

Gentlemen, I'm ready for your attacks now.

I think BroMatt was referring to you accusing them of doing such when they haven't done so.

• Members

well that's what his blood lab guy thought too when he had his gallbladder taken out. But he have been tested before and it didn't show it.

he is tall and sweat easily so that's another reason.

Hm, interesting. Well, maybe that's normal for your husband, then. Not the norm for most people, though. :wink

• Members

I think BroMatt was referring to you accusing them of doing such when they haven't done so.

Alright, I'm making it worse. I accidently copied post #21.

I'm going to stop because it's clear that post #22 contains no reference to Matt and that's all I can do.

What a petty and small person that even after I admitted I was wrong and even after I tried to do the right thing, he's still hammering me about it and trying to goad me into a fight.