• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Legalizing drugs, would it be bad or good?

• Administrators
I realize Jerry and Matt are going to accuse me of telling everybody to go out and do drugs and have orgies and whatnot' date=' but the truth is that the War on Drugs has been a complete failure. [/quote']

I really wanted to handle this via PM, but since all the PM's I sent are being ignored I am forced to do this publicly.

Since you seem to think you know what do I believe in this area of "legalized drugs", please show me where I have stated what I believe.

Thank you.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think a lot of people enter into it carelessly and perhaps many with their intention being to look cool or to drown their sorrows. A lot of people during Bible times managed to drink wine without becoming drunks. Some, of course, were, but not the majority. If you can't handle the alcohol, stay away from it. If you can't help lusting after a woman, don't go to a nightclub.

you mean it is ok to go to nightclub if you don't lust after a woman. ?

no just about all alcoholic think they would be ok. NOBody wants to be an alcoholic but think it is safe because they don't believe they would be like one.

• Members

Honestly, it's things like this that just make me embarrassed to be a fundamentalist. >>>

while some of the issue has to do with my beliefs, most of my opinion come from what I've seen in the consequences of people taking drugs and alcohol . My cousin almost died from taking drugs. He was hospitalized and rehabbed over it. my family are drinkers, smokers and drug users (I have a huge family and the friends they hang out with became my friends as well so that another thing I learned from ).

plus some article researches I read.

I know it's is hard not to base our beliefs on personal experience, but that method won't give you a true result. The fact is that the vast majority of people that drink never get behind the wheel of a car and never get abusive or otherwise unruly. They also don't drink to the point that it is unhealthy for them. My grandfather is almost 90 and he has a mimosa every morning for brunch, a couple of beers for lunch and wine with his dinner. He doesn't drink and drive and I have never heard him so much as raise his voice. If I were to base my beliefs solely on personal experience as you do, I might conclude that alcohol poses absolutely no harm/risk at all, but that wouldn't be entirely true would it?

You need to step back and realize how small and insignificant you are to the over all scheme of creation. You should realize that your decisions should not be based on emotion or, necessarily, personal experience. In the grand scheme of things, your opinions, thoughts, beliefs and experiences just don't matter,and, without the benefit of fact and truth, they should remain private.

• Members

you mean it is ok to go to nightclub if you don't lust after a woman. ?

no just about all alcoholic think they would be ok. NOBody wants to be an alcoholic but think it is safe because they don't believe they would be like one.

I knew that was going to happen. lol
No, I mean, if that's your weakness, don't make it so it's easy to fall into temptation. If you have a prOBlem with alcohol, stay away from it, that's all. If you can drink in moderation, then enjoy the freedom to do so.

No, I don't suppose all people set out to be alcoholics. Not all people set out to be murderers, does that make guns evil? Not everyone sets out to steal cars, does that make cars evil? Like in everything, some people suffer from different temptations, and we must be sensitive and cautious in everything we do and in the choices we make. There's a big difference between sitting down in the evening and having a bottle of beer or a glass of wine and sitting down in the evening and pulling out a bottle of Jack Daniels. There's no reason to drink it and if you see yourself having those temptations, it's time to take a step back and re-examine what you're doing.

• Members

I know it's is hard not to base our beliefs on personal experience, but that method won't give you a true result. The fact is that the vast majority of people that drink never get behind the wheel of a car and never get abusive or otherwise unruly. They also don't drink to the point that it is unhealthy for them. My grandfather is almost 90 and he has a mimosa every morning for brunch, a couple of beers for lunch and wine with his dinner. He doesn't drink and drive and I have never heard him so much as raise his voice. If I were to base my beliefs solely on personal experience as you do, I might conclude that alcohol poses absolutely no harm/risk at all, but that wouldn't be entirely true would it?

You need to step back and realize how small and insignificant you are to the over all scheme of creation. You should realize that your decisions should not be based on emotion or, necessarily, personal experience. In the grand scheme of things, your opinions, thoughts, beliefs and experiences just don't matter,and, without the benefit of fact and truth, they should remain private.

Wow, very well-written post. :thumb:
Sounds kind of like my grandfather, except he's really cut back over the years.

• Members

There's a big difference between sitting down in the evening and having a bottle of beer or a glass of wine and sitting down in the evening and pulling out a bottle of Jack Daniels. There's no reason to drink it and if you see yourself having those temptations, it's time to take a step back and re-examine what you're doing.

Now you see there Kevin, even you are getting into basing things upon your own experience or opinion. They are all alcoholic beverages. There will be those who would argue that they could sit down, pull out the bottle of Jack Daniels and pour a small glass and that wouldn't be any worse than the one or two glasses of wine or beer because they enjoy the flavor of the one over the other..........

Yet, you've made the conclusion that Jack Daniels is worse than beer or wine........

I'm not saying I support any of it, I am saying you must be consistent in your way of reasoning to conclusions and in my opinion you were not consistent as demonstrated by that statement.

• Members

So much for "let's not continue this".

Did you really not notice that I posted the same thing three times? Do you know why I posted the same thing three times?

Because I was trying to edit my post. Go ahead. I'll wait here while you go and read them.

OK. Did you notice that they're each a little bit different from one another?

Pay close attention to the last one (that would be post #22 for those of you following along), you know, the one that doesn't mention you at all. Do you know why it doesn't mention you? Because I realized that it was unfair to blame you for something your protected pal said and I removed all reference to you.

But that's OK. You go right ahead and keep on ignoring the fact that I realized I was being unfair and removed your name. I'm sorry. If I knew how to remove those first two posts, I would, but I don't.

But thank you again for continuing to confirm everything I thought about you.

• Members

I will repeat my self here. Let's get this thread back on topic about legalized drugs. :thumb:

I am trying to prove that illegal drugs would be like cigarette and alcohol if it was freely available.That's why it was brought up.

Drugs do no good for the society if people become addicted to it. It is easy to be addicted to drugs for anyone. It is not like alcohol where you drink only at parties (social drinkers). Unless you are an alcoholic, you prOBably can't function at work either which is why so many alcoholic get fired. Well drugs will be worst because it is easy to be addicted (because of the high). I haven't met one person who tried it once, got high but never went back since.

The only exceptional I'll take is controlled setting for pots.