• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Legalizing drugs, would it be bad or good?

• Members

exactly what wrote.

If you go in a bar full of smokers, you want to smoke with them. Because it is illegal to smoke in bars, then no one is interested in smoking. Now if the non-smoker follow a smoker outside (like my cousins followed my aunt when she have to smoke becuase my grandma forbids smoking in the house), they all join with her and smoke. Other than that, no one is interested because no one is doing it (because it's the law).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've never wanted to smoke with people just because people are smoking around me and I was around quite a bit of people who smoked in Korea.

some people can handle peer pressure, but majority can't

llike you said, there were quite a bit of people who smoked in Korea. Quite is the majority.. take that and replace it with drugs.

• Members
If you go in a bar full of smokers' date=' you want to smoke with them.[/quote']

No I don't. I hate smoking. It's a filthy and disgusting habit. Not only do I go to restaurants that have bars where people smoke, I grew up in a family of smokers. I've never smoked.

How can this be when, according to you, the mere sight of someone smoking will compell non-smokers to begin smoking?

Then why do the restaurants I go to all have smokers' benches out front?

So, once again, you're making the claim that the mere sight of a smoker will magically compel non-smokers to smoke.

Honestly, this is the silliest argument I've ever heard.

• Members

They also molest kids when their not under the influence of any drugs.

This whole argurment that certain thing should be illegal because they COULD harm others is iherently flawed. Everything could, in a way, harm others. Even the parent who leaves their stash of chocolate laying out can be said to be contributing to the OBesity and future heart disease (the #1 killer in this country) of his or her child(ren).

Just as flawed is the argument against alcohol based on the evils of drunk driving. Was alcohol so bad before the advent of personal automOBiles? Alcohol doesn't drive cars, people do. Not every person that drinks gets behind the wheel of a car. Additionally, their are countless numbers of medications that have a similar, or worse, affect on drivers as alcohol. Are those medications inherently wrong? It's all so silly, tired and played out. People aren't stupid. You can't trick them into believing this stuff like you could our parents.

• Members

They also molest kids when their not under the influence of any drugs. >>> yes, but some people have better judgment when they are not on drugs or alcohol. Which is a lot safer for kids if they avoid these things. Other are just plain messed up. My grandfather is sweetest person when he is sOBer, but according to my mom, they hated when he drank. He gets very abusive to the point that my grandma had take her children and leave him. There's more story to it, but everything happened when he was under influence of alcohol.

But the birth defect is my main concerns of drugs. It just shouldn't be freely available at all.

• Members

The prOBlem is, you don't know you will be that next man. All it take is one drink. Then another, then another. It's more of a gamble.

Oh, that's right. Because, according to your logic, it doesn't matter if you don't drink or have no desire to drink. Merely seeing someone else drink will give you an uncontrolable lust for alcohol.

Honestly, it's things like this that just make me embarrassed to be a fundamentalist.

• Members

Honestly, it's things like this that just make me embarrassed to be a fundamentalist. >>>

while some of the issue has to do with my beliefs, most of my opinion come from what I've seen in the consequences of people taking drugs and alcohol . My cousin almost died from taking drugs. He was hospitalized and rehabbed over it. my family are drinkers, smokers and drug users (I have a huge family and the friends they hang out with became my friends as well so that another thing I learned from ).

plus some article researches I read.

Even I smoked and drank. But no longer do those things. but I know how addicting they are and I still think about smoking.

• Members

The prOBlem is, you don't know you will be that next man. All it take is one drink. Then another, then another. It's more of a gamble.

I think a lot of people enter into it carelessly and perhaps many with their intention being to look cool or to drown their sorrows. A lot of people during Bible times managed to drink wine without becoming drunks. Some, of course, were, but not the majority. If you can't handle the alcohol, stay away from it. If you can't help lusting after a woman, don't go to a nightclub.