• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is the Emerging Church?

• Members

In the search for a definition of what the Emerging Church sees as its goals and ideals, we have come up pretty dry. They seem to like being undefineable according to the video linked to below. Anyway, for those of you who are interested in what the movement's leaders are saying, here is a non-Christian (denominationally impartial :Green ) news piece that explains what the Emerging Church's purpose is. The video near the top of the page is very informative.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week845/cover.html#

• Members

I am online at work so I can't watch the video, but there are some good sites that have alot of info: Slice of Laodicea, berean beacon, apprising ministries, and take back canada has a whole site dedicated to showing what the emergent teachers say. They really don't preach or even teach anything. They just kinda of say the "fundy" is wrong but we really don't have a clue about anything else. They are like hippy "preachers".

• Members
I am online at work so I can't watch the video' date=' but there are some good sites that have alot of info: Slice of Laodicea, berean beacon, apprising ministries, and take back canada has a whole site dedicated to showing what the emergent teachers say. They really don't preach or even teach anything. They just kinda of say the "fundy" is wrong but we really don't have a clue about anything else. They are like hippy "preachers".[/quote']
Here's another site--I posted this one on another thread concerning the "Emerging Church" movememt:

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/

• Members
So' date=' is the Emergent "church" one of those groups that are like, "anyone trying to do the best for all people is going to heaven...the kingdom of God is in all creation...blah, blah, blah..." :loco[/quote']
hmmm...

I guess that's the problem... the 'emergent church' doesn't even know what they believe.

Basically the emergent church are the modern gnostics.

They combine mysticism and tradition with "knowledge"... but in no set formula or function.

They are inclusive of everyone except people who believe that their is Truth and it can be known and it will set you free...

• Members

I watched that PBS video on them. The catholics are closer to scripture than them. They seem like a bunch of pagans trying to mix all religions. Isn't that supposed to happen when the anti-christ comes? All the world worship one man. They are getting the ball rolling.