• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Do You Buy Peanut Butter?

• Members

That is, if indeed you do enjoy this particular confection. :lol

Personally, I cannot imagine life without it, nor would I want to. :drool:

My wife likes to get it at discount grocery stores that sell their things for only pennies on the dollar of the original price. I get it at one of those stores too, but in humongous 8 pound buckets. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!! It is so natural that there is nothing in it but peanuts that have been ground up and liquified. No salt, no hydro-fat, no nuthin'. :Green

I bring it home and put it in the freezer for later use.

Okie dokie, it's later. :lol::lol::lol:

Get that bucket out, thaw it and dip out several pints into individual containers each containing a little less than one pint. The bucket then goes back into the freezer.

Each of those containers will have honey added in the ratio of approx. one part honey to five parts peanut butter.

Mix each container's contents thoroughly until well-blended, and then put them back into the fridge.

Enjoy. :hungry:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Pneu - I too love it - Buy it in as bulk as possible at Costco's. I never knew you could freeze it! Or at least never thought to. Does it change the flavor or consistency any??

Wayne

The freezer just keeps it fresh. :Green It does freeze hard, though. :lol: We have to wait for it to thaw before dipping into it.

the only groaner that I have with those tubs that I buy is that is so fresh (it was made locally only a day prior to being on the shelf) that the oil is all blended in. My wife says that is NOT a bad thing. :loll: :lol: I would prefer to be able to pour it off and mix in more honey. :drool:

• Members

My mom bought some organic PB from Costco for us when she was here (we're not Costco members...yet). It just has organic peanuts and salt, but it has just the right amount of salt (so it tastes peanutty not salty). We keep it in the fridge, because it does get a bit soupy. :lol

Buy peanut butter? I make it!

I made peanut butter once...in kindergarten (well actually, the teacher made it in front of all of us and gave us graham crackers with the finished product on it. She used a blender, although I think a food processor would do a better job.

• Members

I go in spurts, sometimes I don't want PB but other times that's all I want. Lately I've been in a PB kick. I always buy JIF (sorry folks its not organic but it tastes good!) and I get those Honey Maid cinnamon graham sticks and a jar of PB and go to town on them. haha. Good stuff!

• Members
For mine-own-self, the combination of peanut butter and chocolate has a whole food group all to itself.

Umm, P-E, I hate to break it to you but you're not the only one who puts those two together in a separate food group from everything else. :Green Whenever I have PB without chocolate I feel as though I'm missing something. :lol: (and vice-versa :lol )

On the subject of organic, I care less about that than how many additional ingredients there are in the PB besides peanuts. I don't mind a bit of salt, but I'd rather have it w/o the sugar and the partially hydrogenated soybean oil. After all, it's peanut butter, not soybean butter.

• Members
I love peanut butter! Of course' date=' I'm apparently not as much of a connoseur (no clue if that's spelled right) as the rest of you. But I too enjoy Jiff.[/quote']

I used to like Jiff until I read the ingredients, and discovered that it is 50% hydro-fat (aka Crisco). As Chelle said, it is supposed to be peanut butter, not peanut/Crisco butter.