• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

when does this verse take place?

• Members

Some people will no doubt differ from me - but a look at the passages dealing with this (and considering that these events are compared to birth pains/travail), I believe the fifth seal marks the halfway point of the Tribulation, when the Antichrist desecrates the temple and starts killing the Jews and Christians worldwide - enforcing the mark of the beast. Then the trumpets follow (one of which takes 1 year, 1 month, and a day, and the other covers a 5 month period).

Revelation 9:15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Revelation 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

Like birth pains increasing in frequency and intensity, I believe the trumpets will come faster, during the second half of the Trib, and then the bowls will come swiftly within a month or two leading from the end of the trib to the battle of armageddon (30 day difference).

I can give you references and more info if needed when I am at home.

• 9 months later...
Guest Guest

Verse 10 is the key. This takes place at the half way point in the tribulation. Those in verse 9 are slain during the tribulation and they are Christian Jews! The key is their cry "How long O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?" The cry is for vengeance on the ones who caused their suffering. This would be in keeping with OT pleas for vengeance on their enemies by the saints of the OT. Christ said to the NT saints we are to pray for our enemies ands those who speak evil of us. Just my understanding of scripture. God Bless

Bro Leon