• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How do you "advertise" your faith?

Do you "advertise" your faith?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you "advertise" your faith?

• No
    • Yes, My car has bumper stickers, magents, emblems, etc
    • Yes, I wear clothing with Christian Content (sayings, pictures, etc)
    • Yes, I wear "Christian" jewelry
    • Yes, but by word of mouth and actions
    • Yes, only by word of mouth
    • Other

• Members

I have bumper stickers, magnets, and emblems on my vehicles, I have several t-shirts with "Christian" themes, and I try to live by example. I am basically too shy to approach total stangers for anything but I do witness to acquaintances. I don't were crosses but often carry a dogtag with "Christian" on it.

Wayne

• Members

I am not into all the Jesus trinkets and bumper stickers. I always thought having a bumper sticker or wearing a shirt that has Jesus on it or some christian saying on it was kind of bad. Just that what happens if you are having a bad day and while you have your christian t-shirt on you argue with some stranger. That person will always remember the hypocrite christian who yelled at him. Or when driving you cut some guy off or you get cut off and get mad and you make a gester or yell out the window. This I feel is a horrible thing to let an unsaved person see. Plus most of these companies who sell these trinkets are purely money makers who want to bilk christians out of money that should be going to the family or the church. I always think if you have money to buy these trinkets give it to a missionary who really needs it.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Yes by actions ( I try anyway!) and by how and what I talk about AND (wasn't a choice) by dressing modestly, not wearing designer anything even if given to me-Not saying is wrong just feels very wrong for me! It feels like I'm placing importance on the World's value of a person. Making eye contact, smiling, may say "Hi' especially to women dressed provocatively seeming to expect rejection. The Lord has given me witnessing oportunities--starting out this way! I don't do so to men being a women except when they hold a door open for me--I make eye contact and verbally say, "Thank You !! It's so nice to know we have such Gentlemen left." If young High School or college student's I'll follow by saying. "Your a born again believer in Jeus as Lord, aren't you?!" Most time's the answer is a resounding yes! or a no, I'm a ---fill in the cult blank here---then I give them a tract but tell them I still really appreciate them holding the door open for me! I love taking home cult material from waiting room'sanywhere, inserting tract's in magazine's and all library books. My husband think's I'm nut's but he was saved by a tract so I have great hope that He use's them--alway's make sure your churches name, location and number on the back. Never meant to say so much but I got excited because I feel so much of the time I'm unable to do anything for Him so I just wanted to share what He allow's me to do just being able to go to medical apt's. Hope this helps someone in my shoe's. He'll use you if you'll let Him. No Matter What is happening in your life!! Just hold-on to Him--His word! Never ever forget to pray for your family--home, church, people you meet that share their need's and Christian family at OB!! Just abide in Him even on the seemingly darkest day's remember...He's holding onto us!! Then I remeber...it cann't get any worse than what happen's here!!! In Christ Only is this Eternal hope!

• Members

Good poll. In the last while I've thought that I would like to have a sign out by my mail box that said something like this.

"... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

I've never been into wearing clothing with any writings on them, not that I'm against it, it just never seemed to be for me. I've got a couple of T-shirts with some Christians writing on them, but never wore them. I've got 4 T-shirts with my hometown footballs teams logos, the team I played for when I was in high school, but I never wear them.

I've just never wore T-shirts in the public, I do wear them around our home.

• Members

You know, I've noticed, in most conversations that I have, there always seems to be something that comes up that will easily open the door to me saying something about God, Jesus, & or church.

I feel the main thing is to be ready when the door of opportunity is opened to us them be sure we use it wisely.

Seems the main thing for us is to be sure that until that door of opportunity opens and we reveal a love for God, Jesus, & church, is that we are a proper witness, if we are them when we speak about God, Jesus & or church there will be more power in our words.

• Members

There should be an all of the above option. I have an Answers In Genesis bumper sticker along with a picture of a kid that looks like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs kneeling before the cross. I also have a few Christian shirts. I don't speed, have road rage or beat people up so I don't believe I have ever been a bad witness with my "advertisements". I also live out the Christian life so take away the shirt and bumper stickers and a person still is being a bad witness if they are misbehaving. Of course no one is perfect but we need to pattern our life after the life God called us to.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

what I do is talk to people if they ask. Also, some discussion topics are related to my Christian life, so I have to mention my beliefs in order to state the reason why I'm doing certain things. I advertise it through my actions sometimes by controlling myself in difficult situations.