• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Hi everyone. I am looking for a good KJV Bible for my best friend, Darrell. He is a seeker at this point in his life and I am wanting to find a KJV Bible geared towards seekers. I would prefer one that has notes in it and such that show how Christianity is true and explain key doctrines and such. If no such Bible is available, I would take the next best offering. What do you recommend? :puzzled:

• Members

The New Pilgrim Study Bible is a good one.

http://www.KJVkids.com/OX/newpilgrim.htm

It depends how much you want to spend. The New Pilgrim Study Bible is one of the cheaper study bibles and is pretty fundamentally sound. Clink the link above and check out how it handles Mark 16:9 compared to most study bibles which would say the KJV is in error at that verse.

• Members
Wilchbla,

The pilgrim study bible is almost the same as the Rock of ages study bible. The rock of ages study bible is just the pilgrim bible with some additional notes.

It would also seem that being it is a "New Pilgrim" study Bible that the notes would be geared more toward baby Christians. Having used the Rock of Ages Study Bible I can assure you it would be excellent for someone who is still seeking.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Thanks everyone! Would you all recommend some books besides the Bible to give to Darrell that would help him understand Christianity better?

I assume he's already saved?

If he is get him Lewis Sperry Chafer's Systematic Theology for doctrine. You can get it at www.christianbooks.com at 77% off right now.

Also, Reese's Encyclopedia of Christian Biographies you can get at the same site or at Barnes and Nobles.

Throw in a Bible dictionary (perhaps Unger's), Strong's Concordance, an English dictionary, and Foxe's Book of Martyrs and he'll be on the right track.

• Members

I assume he's already saved?

If he is get him Lewis Sperry Chafer's Systematic Theology for doctrine. You can get it at www.christianbooks.com at 77% off right now.

Also, Reese's Encyclopedia of Christian Biographies you can get at the same site or at Barnes and Nobles.

Throw in a Bible dictionary (perhaps Unger's), Strong's Concordance, an English dictionary, and Foxe's Book of Martyrs and he'll be on the right track.

No, he is not already saved.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Hi everyone. I am looking for a good KJV Bible for my best friend, Darrell. He is a seeker at this point in his life and I am wanting to find a KJV Bible geared towards seekers. I would prefer one that has notes in it and such that show how Christianity is true and explain key doctrines and such. If no such Bible is available, I would take the next best offering. What do you recommend? :puzzled:

I`d like to recommend just a good reference Bible . Although I have a few ``study`` Bibles I am at a crossroads of getting back to the the plain old Word Of God , with references of course . I have ALWAYS valued the Old Scofield but ALL study Bibles have human error in their notes ! And CAN AND WILL cause confusion the new convert.
This is why I started recommending a simple reference Bible (can be with dictionary and concordance preferably) to my friends.
There are some good inexpensive ones on the KJVSTORE.com.
A reminder: Only Gods Word is INSPIRED . NOT the NOTES .
God bless

• Members

I`d like to recommend just a good reference Bible . Although I have a few ``study`` Bibles I am at a crossroads of getting back to the the plain old Word Of God , with references of course . I have ALWAYS valued the Old Scofield but ALL study Bibles have human error in their notes ! And CAN AND WILL cause confusion the new convert.
This is why I started recommending a simple reference Bible (can be with dictionary and concordance preferably) to my friends.
There are some good inexpensive ones on the KJVSTORE.com.
A reminder: Only Gods Word is INSPIRED . NOT the NOTES .
God bless

I agree, for even the Scofield has some major errors.