• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[Film] Interesting film

• Members

We watched this in seminary. It's not for everyone, because someone weak in their faith could take it the wrong way. It's titled "Marjoe" and it's about a guy who was a traveling evangelist from the age of 4. When he was in his 20's he decided to come clean and admit that he didn't even believe in God. He had a film crew follow him around for his last round of crusades. It's very enlightening in regards to the methods people use to con weak christians. He was part of the holiness movement and did the whole healing/slayed-in-the-spirit stuff.

The first part is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKln1sQXvmo, and you can find the other parts from there.

We've been watching it with our kids, a section at a time, and talking it over with them.

• Members

I just watched the first video. I was amazed and saddened. Amazed at the brazen disrespect of our Savior and saddened at the brazen disrespect of our Savior and His blood shed for the sins of the world.

What were the parents, who obviously conformed their son into this image, thinking? Were they genuine in their desire to see him become an evangelist and later got carried away with avarice or was this their goal from the beginning?

Thanks for the link Danny

orvals

• Members

I have watched the whole series and am astounded that ignorance has no boundaries. Several years ago a read Hank Hanegraaff's Counterfeit Revival and wondered how anyone could be that blind as to think the Holy Spirit brings about fits of laughter, being slain in the Spirit, holy glue etc.

His coming clean in the last video and saying that if he had not been a preacher he would probably have been a rock star. And then saying that religion is an addiction and wondering if God can save someone addicted to religion the final straw was laying hands of the dog bestowing the Holy Ghost in a mockery. The man is demon possessed and there is no doubt in my mind.

Orval