• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pop or Soda

jchahl

Is it pop or soda?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is it pop or soda?

• Pop
    • Soda
    • Soda pop
    • Coke
    • Other

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I've called it all of those, but call it soda now, unless I'm referring to a specific brand. My favorite when I was younger was grape Nehi. Crush is the closest you can get to that now, but that was some good stuff!!

When I was teaching school in southern OH, the principal always called his Pepsi soda. The school secretary always made fun of him. One year at Christmas, we got each other gag gifts, and she filled a two liter pepsi bottle with baking soda. Told him now he really had soda in his pepsi bottle. :lol:

• Members

Are you sure we didn't grow up in the same boondock?

Ditto

I like going into the restaurants that serve Pepsi products and ordering a coke because most people here know what you mean. RC and Moon Pies are making a big comeback here, too. And we do the peanut shooters in Pepsi because in case it goes wrong you don't want to have wasted a perfectly good Coke. :lol:

• Members

In NE, it was always called soda - out on the Left Coast, about a third call soda "pop" though.

Someone from the South once told me that it's "Coke" in Atlanta, but "Pepsi" throughout the Carolinas. Once, when I was visiting a relative in FL, the waiter asked me what I wanted to drink, and when I said a soda he rolled his eyes and said "Ohhhhhhkay" and brought me a soda called "Coca-Cola".

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

It's pop up here in Canada!

As a rule we don't call anything 'Coke' unless it actually is Coke, but if a restaurant doesn't stock Coke products, they'll automatically give you a Pepsi instead... and vice versa.

Soda... wasn't that around in the fifties?

• Members

I voted "Other" because I don't use either term. I've always used the specific name of the drink -- if I'm going to have a ginger ale I'll say I'm having a ginger ale. If I'm going to have a Coke I'll say I'm having a...well, you get the idea. :lol: