• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does anyone here like English Premier League?

tired

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
No' date=' I didn't get to...[/quote']

It was an awesome match. Also the Netherlands lost to Russia in ET....3-1. It was a good game though. Last night I stayed up to watch the only MLS team I will watch play (Columbus Crew). They played the overpayed and highly stacked LA Galaxy...and tied in LA, 3-3. Very good game as well.

Guest Guest
MLS is really overrated :loco

It is, to be sure. Although, it has picked up in talent quite a bit, even excluding the addition of David Beckham. There is more phenomenal talent in the league, and it is gaining recognition. Chelsea (EPL) came over and played the Galaxy for their season opener and tied with them. The talent is there, but the coverage and fan base is not ... yet. The individual MLS clubs are starting up academies for u-16 & u-18 players much like the EPL teams do. I think its future is looking brighter every season.

Guest Guest
Yep' date=' I agree with both of you (Kayla and Vir) regarding MLS. They are very much overrated but there is potential there if they can pull it together.[/quote']

Yeah, and that needs to be backed by consumers. Soccer has got to become bigger on an elementary level for this to happen. Your baseball generation considers it a commie sport and probably won't drop a nickel to see them play. It's coming around, though.

Guest Guest

Besides, IMHO...Soccer is a very difficult sport to play. The young kids complain, and state that baseball is easier. Soccer requires lots of endurance. Some of our kids have difficulty with that when they are young. They use every muscle in their lil' bodies...and, that is tough when you are young. :smile

candlelight

Guest Guest
It is good for them...children in other countries play soccer almost from birth...it seems.

Hi Kayla...Oh...I know. Our kids love to complain is all. :lol::lol:

candlelight

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

...and Spain wins the Euro cup over rival Germany. Who scores the winning goal? Fernando Torres of the #1 EPL team out there: Liverpool. Looks like they're pursuing his fellow Spanish native, Villa. That would be the deadliest combo in EPL history. Now, if they could just get someone stupid enough to buy Crouch.

Liverpool, ftw!!!1!