• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer for Missionaries Under Persecution

• Members

I sure would appreciate your prayers for my daughter and son-in-law. They are missionaries in a country that does not allow the preaching of the Gospel. Below you will find a letter I got from y son-in-law outlining events that took place this past Sunday. Needless to say, I have removed names and certain information for security purposes. Thanks for taking a look at this and have a great day.

Brother Haynes,

I would like to fill you in as to what took place last Sunday Morning. We arrived at church around 9:00 a.m. Immediately following Choir; a single police officer came into the meeting. He was very rude and demanded to talk to whoever was in charge. The woman who answered the door went to Brother _________ and took him to the police officer. At this time no one knew if a police force was waiting outside the door or not, in fact the police officer alluded to the fact that there was. After Brother ______________ talked to him the police officer calmed down considerably. He then asked for all the foreigners? information and Passport information (which is usually the first step they take to a house church raid). My information as well as Brother _____________ was taken and he left saying that we would be arrested if we ever met there again. We did not have institute that evening and simply waited to be picked up. Usually if a force is not sent into the meeting the police officer will threaten in order to get some money out of the deal. We have now waited for three days and have heard nothing. This is not to say that tomorrow he could change his mind and arrest us, but it does seem unlikely. In fact today one of the members of the Church had lunch with the officer, and he commented that we had made a friend and we could continue to meet in the same location. This is very odd, and a bit confusing, however considering he knows where we live as well as all our visa and passport information we must comply. If we move, he will issue an arrest, if we stay we must cope with the fact that he may attempt to turn us in at his convenience. At this point it seems the Lord has granted us favor in the eyes of our enemies. Please continue to pray that we would be able to meet with no trouble. I certainly thank every one of you for your prayers and thoughts. I hesitated to call people with this information for fear of alarming people. However this kind of information is hard to mention without it being alarming. Just know that we trust the Lord completely and know that he can keep us here if it will glorify him. We love all of you and are thankful for you.