• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gap Theory Refuted

• Members

I just saw this in an Answers From Genesis newsletter:

Q: Did Jesus allow for a gap?

A: If you carefully study the words of Jesus, He made it plain that there can?t be a gap of billions of years between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

In Mark 10:6, Jesus said, ?But from the beginning of creation God made them male and female.? In these very words, Jesus clearly teaches that Adam and Eve were created in ?the beginning of the creation??not after billions of years had passed. Also, the expression ?beginning of the creation? rules out any ?re-creation? or ?second start? as taught by many gap theorists.

There is much more here:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio ... theory.asp

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for this, with a new section there is so much to talk about I never even thought about this one. I have lots on the back burner, but this wasn't one, and I need to find time to post more in this tread. I hope others, including you, do also because so many christians fall into the trap of accepting a "godly" evolution.

Great post

• Members
I just saw this in an Answers From Genesis newsletter:

Q: Did Jesus allow for a gap?

A: If you carefully study the words of Jesus, He made it plain that there can?t be a gap of billions of years between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

In Mark 10:6, Jesus said, ?But from the beginning of creation God made them male and female.? In these very words, Jesus clearly teaches that Adam and Eve were created in ?the beginning of the creation??not after billions of years had passed. Also, the expression ?beginning of the creation? rules out any ?re-creation? or ?second start? as taught by many gap theorists.

There is much more here:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio ... theory.asp

Brotherman,
Are you assuming that "beginning of creation" means "day one" BEFORE God said "let there be light"? On what day was man created?
Was man created before God said "let there be light"?
Mark 10:6 must mean the time when man was created because man was not made on day one.

So the earth is only 5000 or so years old? What do you think God has been doing for eons of time before he made us? God is eternal my friend. He has ALWAYS been. Do you honestly believe that there were hundreds of species of dinosaurs on Noah's ark? Why would God save all the species of giant reptilians, on Noah's ark just to mysteriously wipe them out later? Not only that, some of these giant animals were MARINE. They surely should have survived. The answer is, they were wiped out BEFORE man was created. Why? Who knows. Maybe because we could not have survived with T-Rex's and velociraptors running around. Does that prove evolution? Of course not.
Does "millions of years" bother you that much? To God, "millions of years" means nothing. He has always been. What has He been doing for zillions of years?

• Members

Rolf... oh man thanks john, and let me rip into this.... RAWR...

Noah didn't have to have "dinosaurs" on the ark, he could of brought eggs, and gotten hatchlings, thus no worries about 30' meat eaters wanting to eat him for the year on the ark

Second, he didn't need hundreds of species as you said, because there are about 5 "kinds" of dino, and given he only brought "kinds" he wouldn't have to bring every "HUMAN" defined "species"... GOD decides what a kind is, HE doesn't care what our opinion is. Even if he brought hundreds of "species" if he brought babies and eggs, we're talking about a very small amount of room and food needed given the size of the ark.

(From now on, instead of calling them "Dinosaurs" as humans called them from 1851 on, I'll call them dragons as the bible calls them)

OH NO WAY THE BROTOSAURUARSE COULD FIT ON THE ARK!!!!! It's eggs could. Yea, this huge lizard had the lung and nostril size of a modern horse, no WAY it could get enough oxygen to keep it's body alive in today's air. The air before the flood? most evidence points to higher oxygen levels with higher pressure... Noah brings these on the ark, after the flood, they would die out much much earlier then normal, meaning they wouldn't get very big, and die before they could reproduce in most cases, so very quickly become extinct.

What are these dragons people killed for thousands of years? even in 1000 a.d. people talked about killing dragons... the chinese emperor had them as pets, Daniel killed one that was a god to the king of babalon, Job saw them, so what where these? Ever see the bear population go to nothing when humans first arrive? Ever see wolves die out cuz we hunt them? These dragons (dinos) where pests to our cattle, to us, and we killed them. You kill a t-rex you not only saved your cattle you got meat for weeks. Derrrr, no wonder knights got a badge for it, no wonder the chinese emperor took pride in having 2 as pets. Do a web search if you don't beleave me, it's there.

Why do people see them today? "Lockness monster" "sea monsters" "champ" "micliomembe" People even today still see "dinosaures" dragons all over the world. They are all drunk hill billy red neck idiots though cuz they say something you disagree with

RED BLOOD CELLS YOU GOT RED BLOOD CELLS!!! A t-rex fossle, well, it was only about 10% fosselized, produced red blood cells... imagine, for 20 million years a red blood cell was able to stay intact and all.... are you KIDDING ME!?!?!?! do a web search and ask yourself if you could put a red blood cell in the ground for MILLIONS of years and it would be ok. Even if you FROZE it.. BOXED it... wrapped it in what EVER metals, stone, insulation, etc... 20 million years????? my word that's stupid, yet they found red blood cells of a t-rex

Finally.... death before Adam and Eve?

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

How can an animal sin? Why would God kill millions of years of stuff for no reason? Sin brought death, not millions of years. It's not biblical that anything died before Adam and Eve caused it.

Rolf, I got like, 20 pages of this... argue more, it will be fun

• Members

Well they didn't take eggs because God told Noah to take two of every kind (7 of the clean ones), MALE AND FEMALE. You can't tell which is which in an egg so every animal already had to be born/hatched before Noah took it. However, the Bible doesn't say that they were or had to be adults. Taking babies is a legitimate option. They eat less and sleep more.

• Members

Might I ask, how can you find a day being millions of years???? I know the Bible says a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day, but millions of years. Besides Genesis says the evening and the morning. Did it take millions of years for the earth to rotate that first time? Was it millions of years between all of the days? It just does not make any since. Besides, the main argument I have heard for the gap is that satan was cast out of heaven and tore the earth to pieces. If this is so, why do we find him going into heaven in the days of Job? Did God cast him out and let him tear everything up, just to let the sinful thing back in? No, the day of him being cast out, thrown from heaven, is yet to come. And at that time this earth will be torn to pieces. I might add, have not seen it, that in Texas there is a concrete type of rock that has human and dino, or dragon, footprints in it together. Also if you will look up dragon in the first edition of the encyclopedia britanica it speaks of them living in very recent years. Yes the land ones were on the ark. the aqutic ones may have been swimming with the whales. But they were alive!!!

• Members
G'day "heartstrings".

Serious question - why do you want a gap?

DaveW,
Heartstrings does not "want" a gap, Heartstrings wants the truth.

What is the importance to you of it, or what do you think the gap was for?

I haven't the foggiest notion

What happened in the gap?

That is still a mystery as well

• Members

Then why were you so 'firm' with your answer?

I am not understanding this.

You say you don't want a gap, you don't know why it was there, or what happened, but you seemed very "pro-gap".

If you don't want it, and have no reason for it to be there, nor any idea as to waht happened there, why are you "pro-gap" (by assumption of what I am reading here).

You say you want the truth - well the truth is that the Bible doesn't mention it, doesn't introduce the idea, has no record of anything that needs a gap, and in fact the context, phrasing, language, and referencing indicates that there is no such gap.

Does it specifically state that there is no gap - No - but it doesn't specifically state a lot of things that are not true but don't need refuting.

(I feel like I am coming across a little hostile here - I don't mean it to be, but I tend to be clumsy with my words sometimes. :puzzled: and I can't figure out another way to put it right now.)

• Members
Might I ask' date=' how can you find a day being millions of years???? I know the Bible says a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day, but millions of years. Besides Genesis says the evening and the morning. Did it take millions of years for the earth to rotate that first time? Was it millions of years between all of the days? It just does not make any since. Besides, the main argument I have heard for the gap is that satan was cast out of heaven and tore the earth to pieces. If this is so, why do we find him going into heaven in the days of Job? Did God cast him out and let him tear everything up, just to let the sinful thing back in? No, the day of him being cast out, thrown from heaven, is yet to come. And at that time this earth will be torn to pieces. I might add, have not seen it, that in Texas there is a concrete type of rock that has human and dino, or dragon, footprints in it together. Also if you will look up dragon in the first edition of the encyclopedia britanica it speaks of them living in very recent years. Yes the land ones were on the ark. the aqutic ones may have been swimming with the whales. But they were alive!!!

Rancher,
Where, in the book of Job, does it say that Satan went to Heaven? Do you see the word "Heaven" in the passage? Read it. It's like hearing "streets of gold" everyday on every other gospel song. There are no "streets" of gold there is only one street....it's singular. Read your Bible. In the Book of Job, it simply says the "sons of God" came to present themselves "before the Lord". Do a search on "before the Lord" and see what you find. Abraham was "before the Lord", Moses was "before the Lord". Where did Moses and Abraham do this? In Heaven?

What did Jesus say that He saw, in Luke 10:18?
It says I beheld Satan as lightning fall from Heaven. "Beheld" is past tense.
Jesus created the Universe my friend. So He was there whenever it happened and it happened sometime in the past.

DaveW,
All we know is that sometime in the past, God created "dinosaurs", whatever you want to call them. Contrary to what "Dr" Hovind says, I do not believe they coexisted with mankind and certainly don't believe they were saved on Noah's ark. So, what happened to them? God knew we would find their remains, He knew we would question.
At this point, I can only assume that God destroyed them for whatever reason He had for doing so.