• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What if someone gets saved but then commits a sin?

Guest Guest

Hm... every believer who has ever lived did that every day. What happens? Their sin marred their fellowship with the Lord until they got their sin right.
What if they die before they get their sin right?

• Members
What if they die before they get their sin right?

Are you a believer, and if so, what position are you coming at these questions from? I can't help you until you help me. If I don't know how to frame my answers, we'll be talking past each other.

• Members

I don't subscribe to the "you sin every day" camp.

I have had days where I didn't sin. I was attune to where my eyes looked and didn't even look upon a billboard with a half naked girl on it. I didn't have sinful thoughts cuz I was singing hymes all day. That doesn't mean I never sin though.

Right now, in my life, I'm so tainted by sin it's shameful. I wonder where my resolve has gone. I marvel at how I walked with God but can so easily walk away from Him.

I don't excuse it though. I don't try to pretend some of the things in my life are alright and God will understand. I'm a realist, that I'm deep down rebelling and rejecting God.

IF I COULD FIGURE OUT WHY MAYBE I COULD FIGURE THIS OUT

I'm only upset with myself though. I know it's my fault and my rebellion and my shame. At the same time though, I know God is there waiting for me to stop being stupid and turn back fully toward Him. Even with my worst moments, including tonight, I talked to someone about Jesus.

I sin. I weep that I do, but I sin. God wouldn't of forgiven my past sins if He wasn't going to forgive my future sins though, it would be stupid of God to say "well I did all I can and you told a lie soooooooooo... welcome to hell." That's not the God I turn too and ask to forgive me because I'm too stupid to realize how badly I'm rebelling. I don't need daily forgiveness for salvation. I'm going to heaven, because I trusted in the price Jesus paid. I could kill people, lie cheat and steal all I want and I'd still go to heaven. I'm sure of that because Jesus paid the price. It's because of that I feel so horrible when I fall short, and at the same time want to hug Jesus more BECAUSE I fall short.

If you're worried about sinning after salvation, realize that Jesus is a constantly moving force in your life, and instead of looking at yourself as the world sees you and looking at yourself through YOUR eyes, look at yourself through God's eyes as you're washed in the blood.

No one more then me needs the blood of Jesus, and this constant, total forgiveness, only makes me love Him more, need Him more, and submit myself more to Him.

I never forget how much I need Him, because I keep needing Him.

I wish it wasn't so...... but I hope that helps.

and btw, I don't get "re-saved" every day... I'm always saved, I just apologize that as I keep doing things wrong, it's another whip on the back, another nail in the hand, another thorn in the head, that He had to take. I'm going to heaven..... I just wish the Man that got me there didn't have to go through what He did because of me.

Edited : to add 3 words to clarify a point

• Members
I don't subscribe to the "you sin every day" camp.

It's a camp? I love camping!

My point was we are all still sinners - I wasn't trying to argue a specific amount of sin, just a general statement. BUT even if we could go a short period of time without sinning (a day, a few days), we are still sinners and it won't last too long. 1 John 1:8-2:1 clearly indicate all true believers still sin.

• Members
I could kill people' date=' lie cheat and steal all I want and I'd still go to heaven.[/quote']

I believe that's true but you have to consider the sowing and reaping and the chastizing hand of God the Father. Sowing, Reaping and chastizement are enough to deter me most of the time. I've been chastized by God and I can tell you from the experience I wouldn't want to go through it again.

C

• Members
I could kill people, lie cheat and steal all I want and I'd still go to heaven

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

This is refering to people who do things as a life style because this is their nature. they are not saved. A Christian can commit any sin that a lost person can commit. But if you are saved you could not do it all you want for God would chasten you.

God Bless

John

• Members

If they are a Christian and know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior their sin is already under the blood but like Bro Jerry stated it will hinder a Christians fellowship with Christ until they deal with the sin. It will also affect their joy in their Christian walk. Our salvation was complete at Calvary. But we strongly cautioned in scripture about spearning the grace of God.