• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Computer is down again, this time really seriously.

• Members

My work computer, the one I use to earn most of our income crashed tonight. This time it's a serious crash. Both hard drives seem to be fried. Our income was already low, so paying for repairs and possible a new hard drive will be difficult. Pleae pray that God will provide for us.

I'm caught up with work for the week (first semi-free weekend in a long time), but Monday I had stuff I need to do.

I was able to sell a CS3 Master Collection for $250 this week, but next week is spring break, which means my wife doesn't sub, and $250 is pretty much exactly how much she'll lose by not working. I have some more copies of that software and the option to buy 20 more so if I'm able to sell some more I'd be able to pay for the repairs and get more copies.

We've been getting by week by week for the past two months--money coming in right about the time it's needed. It's been trying on the whole family. We really need your prayers.

• Members

I was able to get a little bit of work done on my son's computer. He was gone, so it wasn't being used. Monday will be a different story since he uses it for homeschool.

Also, I have the problem that if I take my computer to be worked on there's a chance the contents of the hard drive could be copied. I've worked for computer places, so I know stuff like that happens. I have clients that have sites that certain people would love to get access to. I can't allow their security to be compromised, so I may not have a choice but to wipe the drives rather than allow them to fall into malevolent hands. That would mean replacing the drives and re-installing Vista. It also means losing a lot of data that will take a long time to replace.

Keep praying

• Members
I was able to get a little bit of work done on my son's computer. He was gone, so it wasn't being used. Monday will be a different story since he uses it for homeschool.

Also, I have the problem that if I take my computer to be worked on there's a chance the contents of the hard drive could be copied. I've worked for computer places, so I know stuff like that happens. I have clients that have sites that certain people would love to get access to. I can't allow their security to be compromised, so I may not have a choice but to wipe the drives rather than allow them to fall into malevolent hands. That would mean replacing the drives and re-installing Vista. It also means losing a lot of data that will take a long time to replace.

Keep praying

You were not backing up your data via tape, disk-to-disk or over wire Internet backup?

• Members

I was backing up what I could, but my d drive was my backup.

Anyway, a friend of the family has a son who works on computers and he's got it now. He took out the d drive and it boots up okay, now. It looks like the d drive went bad and for some reason made the whole computer freeze up. So I list the data on the d drive, some of which was important, but not irreplaceable. I could get the computer back tomorrow. And the best news, he's not charging us for working on it since it's a friend of the family that we'v done a lot of stuff for.

Thanks for the prayers.

• Members

So glad you found a friend to do it! God has a way of working things out, although sometimes I guess we get grey hairs waiting to find out how He's going to do it!

Sorry you've had a rough time.