• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Anyone familiar with Living Waters' Evidence Bible? Is it worth getting? They say it comes in "Comfort"able KJV. What does that even mean? My sister was thinking about getting me the Apologetics Study Bible for my birthday, but it only comes in HCSB so I asked her not to. This Evidence Bible seems like it'd be pretty cool if this "comfort"able KJV doesn't distort it.

• Members

I don't know if Comfort changed the meaning of the KJV (I did some comparisons, but obviously not enough to stick in my mind several years later), but he has certainly changed the wording. You can access and review that Bible (or at least part of it) from their website, so you probably could still read the notes without buying the Bible.

One that looks pretty good, and would be a good buy is The Defender's Study Bible put out by http://www.icr.org I am not sure if they have put this study Bible in more than one version, but I know they have it in the KJV. If you order the Bible through their website, you also get a CDRom with all the study notes in it - which makes it great for copy/pasting for your own use or for printing up/quoting.

You would be better off buying and studying a KJV than an mv - even if it was one that was supposed to be close to the KJV. The problem with too many today is that they do not stick to one Bible - therefore they cannot see the differences between the versions, and don't seem to dig deeper in the versions they have. When I stuck with the NASV only for four years, I saw the problems with that version. Then when I became KJVonly, I could easily see the differences - without having to have them side by side, because I was so familiar with the NASV.

• Members

I used to have an Evidence Bible which was just Psalms Proverbs and the NT. To me there was nothing wroing with it. I compared the verses taht all the other version butchered and it said the same thing as the KJV. They did have a few comments in it about MV's being easier to understand. But like someone said you can get most of the notes that come in the EB on their website. God bless. :)

• Members

Personally, I'm all for a new version that is true to the original text (by original, I mean the TR, which the KJV is based on). If it's got 0 distortions, but is easier to read for new people, it's all good IMHO. I haven't read the EB, but I haven't heard anything bad about it from anyone, so it should be good I guess, but can't say for sure cuz I haven't checked it out.