• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Was the King James Bible itself inspired?

• Members

Hi everyone. The other day I learned that some people believe that the King James Bible itself was inspired. I was just wondering, is it true that the King James Bible itself was inspired or is this just another false doctrine? I honestly don't know. It's rather confusing to me. All I know is that the King James Bible is God's inspired and inerrant word in English and that all other translations are corrupt. They are Bible perversions.

• Members

Exactly. There are some that believe a teaching by Peter Ruckman that the KJV translators were inspired by God as they translated, making the KJV inspired. This is commonly known as double inspiration.

This position is false teaching.

We can hold up our KJV and say it is inspired, because God promised to preserve His Word. He has done this through the KJV for English speaking people.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hi everyone. The other day I learned that some people believe that the King James Bible itself was inspired. I was just wondering, is it true that the King James Bible itself was inspired or is this just another false doctrine? I honestly don't know. It's rather confusing to me. All I know is that the King James Bible is God's inspired and inerrant word in English and that all other translations are corrupt. They are Bible perversions.
If the KJV is inspired, are modern versions also inspired? Please explain your short comment.

• Members

No translation is "inspired". God inspired the original manuscripts. He then promised to preserve it for us, which he has done through the KJV for English speaking people. Spanish people have a preserved version as well as the French, etc.

• Members

One thing i like to do is have someone write down the word "inspiration", then copy it again right below that. They both look exactly the same, don't they? That's called "copied inspiration" or "preserved inspiration" since it is guarded by God through the preservation of His saints.

• Members

Exactly. There are some that believe a teaching by Peter Ruckman that the KJV translators were inspired by God as they translated, making the KJV inspired. This is commonly known as double inspiration.

This position is false teaching.

We can hold up our KJV and say it is inspired, because God promised to preserve His Word. He has done this through the KJV for English speaking people.

Yes, but if God preserved his scriptures through the KJV translators isn't this in essence "inspiration"? God had to give them understanding in which words to use to preserve his word.

Job 32:8- But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

• Members

We can hold up the KJV and claim it to be inspired because of God's preserving it. Just as people in Spain can hold up the Spanish equivilant and call it inspired. The translation is not inspired, but God preserved His Inspired Word of God through the KJV for English speaking people. He preserved it in French, Spanish, and a number of other translations. None of these translations were "inspired", they are preserved.

• Members

No translation is "inspired". God inspired the original manuscripts. He then promised to preserve it for us, which he has done through the KJV for English speaking people. Spanish people have a preserved version as well as the French, etc.
Agreed!

• 10 months later...