• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who is writing Hymns today???

blossom

• Members

Our Pastor asked us last night at church who was writing Hymns, good solid childrens books, poetry etc today??? Where are all the down the line bible believing people willing to step us and provide our children with these things. We talk about the greats in years gone by such as Fanny Crosby etc who supplied us with amazing hymns poetry etc. So I ask you do you know of current people writing recording such things???

Guest Guest

Chris Tomlin has written some incredible hymns for the church.

Chris Rice is another who has written even traditional hymns in modern times.

• Members
Bible Truth Music
Most probably know of Ron Hamilton, Frank Garlock & Mac Lynch - you also need to sample music from Evangelist Byron Foxx. In addition to his songs, he has several composers for whom he publishes good, sound music that ranges from deep and meditative to uplifting and majestic. They just printed a new hymnal that has many songs that you just don't see anymore.

Cary Schmidt
He is an Associate Pastor at Lancaster Baptist Church in CA, involved with several ministries. Besides having several good books on dealing with/rearing young people & music, he writes great songs as well. My favorite of his is "The Perfect Lamb." What we sang was as a choir arrangement. It's a great song for Easter.

Church Works Media
These guys have a few hymns available to download for free. Our choir sang My Jesus, Fair a several weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a fifteen year old daughter, Amie, who is so talented in many ways (glowing here :lol ) she has written several songs. I would like to record them where I can get them in an mp3 format. Can someone give me some advice on how to do this in an inexpensive way?

Ben

• Members
Chris Tomlin has written some incredible hymns for the church.

Chris Rice is another who has written even traditional hymns in modern times.

Be careful, both of those artists are considered to be rock musicians and this could be considered "promoting rock music". You can be stoned to death for that here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Bible Truth Music
Most probably know of Ron Hamilton, Frank Garlock & Mac Lynch - you also need to sample music from Evangelist Byron Foxx. In addition to his songs, he has several composers for whom he publishes good, sound music that ranges from deep and meditative to uplifting and majestic. They just printed a new hymnal that has many songs that you just don't see anymore.

Cary Schmidt
He is an Associate Pastor at Lancaster Baptist Church in CA, involved with several ministries. Besides having several good books on dealing with/rearing young people & music, he writes great songs as well. My favorite of his is "The Perfect Lamb." What we sang was as a choir arrangement. It's a great song for Easter.

Church Works Media
These guys have a few hymns available to download for free. Our choir sang My Jesus, Fair a several weeks ago.

Thanks, tarheel for the information. This sounds "up my alley"... lol

Come on, war - you weren't stoned, and you aren't dead. :Green

Exactly, HC. I don't know of anyone that was stoned on OB. A "real stoning" would obviously kill a person. :((

God bless,

Molly

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

No, but I've been condemned and treated in a very Unchristian manner because they don't like the same kind of music I do.

I do not know if that is a fair statement, that is completely subjective. Many on the other side of the fence can say the same thing.

• Members
I do not know if that is a fair statement' date=' that is completely subjective. Many on the other side of the fence can say the same thing.[/quote']

Really? Who here has been condemned or treated badly because they don't like rock music?