• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

King James questions

Guest Guest

• Members
Yep' date=' God promised to preserve His Word. And He has preserved it for the Koreans, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Russian, the French, the Spanish................ Just not in the KJV. :wink[/quote']
:amen: This is where I cannot understand the reasoning of hard-core KJO's. Besides the position being based on superstition and lack of logic, it is also prejudiced in that it makes it seem like God gave one Bible and that He gave it to only English-speaking peoples and that the Korean or Japanese Bible is...well...they never really say. Inferior, I guess. :loco

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Yep' date=' God promised to preserve His Word. And He has preserved it for the Koreans, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Russian, the French, the Spanish................ Just not in the KJV. :wink[/quote'] Actually, I have no problem with that at all. One of my clients here in Orlando produces audio Bibles in about 17 languages. I'm kinda new here, were you aiming that arrogant dart at me?

• Members
No, not specifically. It is just that we have beat this dead horse a zillion times and do have some posters who think that every person in the world should learn English so that they can "read God's Word - the KJV".

If you don't believe that, then the "dart" wasn't aimed at you at all. :lol

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying that my friend. Yeah, the way I understand it there are solid translations in other languages as well, but I do believe the KJV is God's preserved Word. Geez, it seems there is a lot of hostility and scarcasm on this board, but as I say, I am new here and that's only a first impression. To be honest with you, I normally debate with atheists on other forums... I had looked for a good KJV forum, and I was attracted by this post along with Bro. Matt's avatar, lol...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2512

• Members

There is some hostility within the KJVo position because there are so many versions of KJVo. Its a passionate topic here, and people defind strongly their position. Its fine to be KJVo here, but its not the typical love the KJV fest you find other places. People have clear definitive reasons for the way they believe and there is little grace for foolishness on this topic. Not sure if that's the best way to bput it, but that's the vibe I get as well.

I took me quite a while to find an appropriate level of posting on this topic and I still don't get it right... all told though, this is a great community. Enjoy it, dive in, we won't be too rough. (Unless you like Ruckman...)

I took me quite a while to find an appropriate level of posting on this topic and I still don't get it right... all told though' date=' this is a great community. Enjoy it, dive in, we won't be too rough. (Unless you like Ruckman...)[/quote']

Hey, watch it. :wink I'm solid KJVo, and I like Ruckman, but I wouldn't be too rough on anyone. :smile

Welcome to the forums, Bro. Parrish. I appreciate your stand on the KJV, and those verses are EXTREMELY important, but there are lots of other verses in the Bible that prove the importance of the Bible. One of my favorites is 2 Timothy 2:15.

• Members

KJB_Princess, that is a great verse, but then of course they are all good!
Haha, Ruckman... yeah I know that guy, what a nut!
Actually to be honest?I might kill, gut and hang someone's head on a wall over Pete Ruckman, he's one of my favorite preachers. I have seen him in person many times, had lunch with him last year here in Florida at one of Bob Ware's meetings and consider him a friend. He's getting old, but I think Pete could still cut two liberal preachers with a knife and choke the other one at the same time. I jest of course?but then again, he was a hand-to-hand combat instructor in WWII... my kinda guy, LOL!!!
I wonder if they have a forum like this for Ruckmanites, hmmmm... :cool

Don't worry, Kevin.. that discussion can be moved to PMs. :wink But be nice to the new guy, he doesn't know about how much anti-"Ruckmanism" there is here. :smile

Go back to your regular discussion... hehe

• Members

If you are KJV Only that is fine. I have watch Ruckman's programs on T.V. I have not met him. He is a gifted man in some ways, I like his chalk talks and he presents the clear message of salvation. But this is where I have to stop with Ruckman. The Bible was originally written and inspired (God-breathed) in the 1st Century. It was written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. The Bible was safe guarded from error as these earlier writers of Scripture wrote, the original manuscripts. Yes it is true we do not have the originals, but the high degree of accuracy in the copies we have point to the originals being pure. The KJV translators, as they were, did use as authority the copies of the manuscripts that were available to them. The English translation can in no way supersede the Original languages. There was not a second inspiration of Scripture, but rather a preservation of the original inspired manuscripts of the Bible in the many copies we have.

God Bless
John

• Members

Thanks for your response. Yes, God has preserved his Word in the original language copies we have. the copies are not perfect, but have such a high degree of accuracy that the errors or variatons or minute and there is no change of true or doctrine. We also have strict translations that have a high degree of accuracy and are totally trustworthy. The KJV, ASV, and the NASV are totally trustworthy translation.

God Bless
John

• Members
Thanks for your response. Yes, God has preserved his Word in the original language copies we have. the copies are not perfect, but have such a high degree of accuracy that the errors or variatons or minute and there is no change of true or doctrine. We also have strict translations that have a high degree of accuracy and are totally trustworthy. The KJV, ASV, and the NASV are totally trustworthy translation.

God Bless
John

I guess then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. With God, a high degree of accuracy is nothing at all without absolute precision. The variations in the copies of the T-R and Masoretic Text, and the KJV translated from them, are not errors else God would not have completely preserved His Word as He said He did. We have to understand who God is, and how He puts the utmost importance upon His holy Word that He even put it above His very Name. Whatever He does is absolutely perfect. If He had permitted even the tiniest flaw or error in any of the copies then they would not be perfect, b/c "perfection" is one of those absolute terms. If there was error of one part in 10^5,000 (one followed by 5,000 zeros) then the qualification of perfect preservation could not be claimed, and yet God does claim perfect preservation. Everything He does is perfect.

The problem arises when we think we understand sufficiently about preservation, the original autographs, the copies and translations all down thru the ages, et al to make an accurate assessment, when we do not. What may look like errors to us in the variations are not errors at all. A very great benefit and blessing comes our way when we confess that God is ultra-perfect and His Word is likewise, and we are not.

As I said before, let's agree to disagree, since we've both stated our positions so many times before.