• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

hi my name is Cherise and was born into a Christian home.... I have not always been faithful to him there were times that I turned to other things less superior and thought that they could give me hope.... I lost my brother at the age of six and that has been one of the most horrible things that has ever happened to me I blamed myself for his death and was in a lot of pain and thus blaming my self I had low self esteem and not much confidence in who I was... When I got into high school I started hanging out with the wrong crowds and doing things like drinking and things similar to that.... In grade 9 my best friend died from getting hit by a car... I blamed my self again for that and grew into a depression and at one point I didn't want to live... Man was I on the wrong track or what....It wasn't till a friend I knew who was a Christian invited me to church that I realized that the life I was living was going no where.... When I went to church with my friend I heard a message and got convicted and I told God I was sorry... That is when I realized I had hurt the people I loved the most and most important I was hurting God..... Well to make a long story short this year has been the year I have been growing the most... I have given up to God the blame I put on myself about my brothers death and have changed my whole lifestyle and fashion.... I know there will be more hard times to come but I don't want to live another moment without God in my life....He has helped me through all the rough times I have had.... I am so thankful that God has forgiven me for the foolish things I have done....I will never go back to the way I have lived he has given me the hope I need and I could never ask for anything more.....

• Members

Thanks for your testimony, Cherise. It's great the Lord is always waiting to take us back when we stray, wander or deliberately turn the wrong way. Yes, you're right, there will be hard times to come, but God was always in your life. You just had to turn around to see Him. I'll be praying for you in your journey. Let us know how things are going from time-to-time.