• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The fear of human becoming extinct

• Members

Well in that case I join you in deploring what is taught at the universities you have visited. They clearly bear no resemblance to any of the universities I have had anything to do with in the UK. Frankly I'm shocked that a mainstream Western university would teach that any other race of human being is a different species. Similarly, although history is not my area of study, I'm also shocked to hear that any historian would consider even people from antiquity to be any less intelligent than we are today. That belief is certainly not something I've ever come across in my 26 years living in the UK.

• Members

I forgot to add, I do apologise to you John81 for doubting your statements before. If you say you've seen these things taught at secular universities, I can't argue with that. I find it very surprising, that's all. I would take issue with any claim that these views are accepted by the "overwhelming majority" in UK institutions. That's not my experience. and I do have a little.

• Members

[quote="Psalms18_28"] Just to let you know, you don't have to have my type of thinking ( as far as evolution) to be Saved.[/quote]
Thank you, Psalms18_28. I have come to realise that fact, with help from people like you, and that's why I'm here. Incidentally, despite having faith in an evolution model for the diversity of life, I'm quite happy to admit the possibility that I'm mistaken.

And just to add- I always value your responses to the stuff I post!

• Members

To clarify one point, they didn't teach that some humans are a different species in the universities I attended. What they did, was point out how some did/do hold this belief and then the professors used that information to delve into the evils of "white racists", which most contended that all whites are racist even if they don't notice it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
So' date=' the overwhelming majority of commentators (evolutionists?, historians? who knows?) think that people as recently as 200 years ago were simpletons, according to John. Not 'ignorant', but 'simpletons' and 'dumbells'. But do most people really think that?[/quote']
Talk about becoming extinct...
Actually, I think that many people living TODAY are 'simpletons' and 'dumbells.'
Take the average modern man off the electric grid, remove his TV and cell phone, and put him in a survival situation for a few weeks and he will likely have trouble just staying alive! In many ways, our ancestors were a lot smarter!