• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Obama and Moral as different as Sin and God

• Members

President Obama's plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs for the treatment of troops injured in service...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first10 ... alth-care/

Yes, I'm a vet. and the article is more dear to the veteran than others but, it also gives further insight into the behind the scenes Obama administration.

He added that the argument about the government's moral obligation to treat wounded soldiers, sailors and Marines fell on deaf ears during the meeting.

"The president deflected any discussion when it got into any moral issue here," he said. "Any attempt to direct the conversation (to the moral discussion) was immediately deflected."

He did drop the plan but, only after a backlash from veteran groups...
Obama Drops Plan to Bill Veterans' Private Insurers
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03394.html

Which makes me wonder, where was the Christian outcry and opposition for his recent executive order changes effecting Christianity?

• Administrators

There isn't a lot of media coverage on the bad things that BO is doing. For instance, did anyone know that he let those who need to know (folks behind it in France) that the US is willing to recognize the UN's global decriminalization of homosexuality? Day after day that man is proving himself to be the worse thing that could happen to this country!

• Members
There isn't a lot of media coverage on the bad things that BO is doing. For instance' date=' did anyone know that he let those who need to know (folks behind it in France) that the US is willing to recognize the UN's global decriminalization of homosexuality? Day after day that man is proving himself to be the worse thing that could happen to this country![/quote']

Not only but did it!

"In turnaround, U.S. signs U.N. gay rights document"

http://www.reuters.com/article/domestic ... CK20090318

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States, in a reversal of Bush administration policy, has decided to sign on to a U.N. declaration that calls for the decriminalization of homosexuality, the State Department said on Wednesday."

• Members
There isn't a lot of media coverage on the bad things that BO is doing. For instance' date=' did anyone know that he let those who need to know (folks behind it in France) that the US is willing to recognize the UN's global decriminalization of homosexuality? Day after day that man is proving himself to be the worse thing that could happen to this country![/quote']

I have no doubt that homosexuality is a sin just like murder, lying and adultery, but do really believe that the government should be able to hold you criminally liable for it? If they can hold you criminally liable for decisions regarding your personal sexuality, what's to stop them from criminalizing your personal religious beliefs as well? It there are two places the government doesn't belong, it's in your bedroom and in your heart.

• Administrators

Ah, but this goes way beyond the bedroom. It strikes at the root of any society. Every society that has opened the way and embraced homosexuality has fallen. Already in this country, the National Man Boy Love Assn. exists quite openly, and actually has for years. What is it? Homosexuality that has become pedophilia. Definitely beyond the bedroom!!

• Members

I would also challenge the assertion that every nation that does not criminalize homosexuality has collapsed. Look at the Netherlands, which has had no prohibition against homosexuality, prostitution and some drugs (marijuana in particular) for centuries. It is also one of the oldest kingdoms on the planet and they have a strong economy and an effective, yet not over bearing, government. France (which almost conquered all of Europe as recent as the 1700's, despite their "sissy" reputation here in the states) is another good example

• Administrators

The fact of the matter is that homosexuality is condemned by God...and yes, the government does have the right to criminalize it. No, I don't believe that it will end it, any more than laws against drugs or other sins end them. But that doesn't mean we repeal those laws.

• Members

The government has the right to do anything the people tell it to do. That's how a democracy works (or is supposed to work). I never stated anything differently. I just don't think its a good idea for the government to start interfering in our most private affairs. And if we are going to base our crimes on what God condemned, then why just homosexuality? I would like to see every divorced person tarred and feathered in the public square before being sentenced to a minimum of 10 years in prison. After all, divorce is the real threat to the sanctity of marriage. Repeatedly on this site, I see people make comments regarding how our government is not doing things "God's way," which I agree with for the most part. However, rather than sitting around complaining about something that cannot change without completely rewriting our constitution, why don't you (and by "you" I mean all people that feel this way, not just you Happy) just move to some country that's government is a theocracy, rather than a democracy? Or, and this approach is probably more feasible, move to a country where the majority of people feel the way you feel about the government. That way, you can remain democratic and still get things your way.

• Administrators
The government has the right to do anything the people tell it to do. That's how a democracy works (or is supposed to work). I never stated anything differently. I just don't think its a good idea for the government to start interfering in our most private affairs. And if we are going to base our crimes on what God condemned' date=' then why just homosexuality? I would like to see every divorced person tarred and feathered in the public square before being sentenced to a minimum of 10 years in prison. After all, divorce is the real threat to the sanctity of marriage. Repeatedly on this site, I see people make comments regarding how our government is not doing things "God's way," which I agree with for the most part. However, rather than sitting around complaining about something that cannot change without completely rewriting our constitution, why don't you (and by "you" I mean all people that feel this way, not just you Happy) just move to some country that's government is a theocracy, rather than a democracy? Or, and this approach is probably more feasible, move to a country where the majority of people feel the way you feel about the government. That way, you can remain democratic and still get things your way.[/quote']
Except that God never said to tar and feather divorced people! :Green

I

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hmmm. 10 years prison time? If you guys are in charge I will take it! Then, I can have my 3 squares and my Bible. A little TV time for the good ol' Liberal news, too? As long as it isn't a work camp. I need a little Lazy Acres right about now. Tarred and feathered in public square? No problem. I think I can handle public humiliation. The "Divorce Capades" prepared me for that... lol.

On the topic of the thread? Nothing is really making the news with the "Obama Regime." You know? Political Correctness and all that. :) Did we expect anything different? I was really prepared for all of this. This is no surprise to me. We got Obama! It is what the majority of the nation wanted, after all. And, now they are really complaining... haha.

In Christ ~

Molly