• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mac question

tarheel

• Members

I use a G5 (10.2.8) in our church office for graphic/web design. Nothing has been changed that I know of, but since Monday I've been unable to normally go online or check email. It's worked fine in the past - I was last online on Friday in the office.

The ethernet line does work, since I'm able to put in http://64.233.167.99/ (google) and go online.

Any ideas about why it's not working, and what I could do to fix it?

• Members

Someone whom I will not name, usually if anyone with a Windows operating system post a problem they're having with Windows operating system always says get a Mac.

So my answer would be get a Windows operating system.

PS. That will not cure your problem! But lets face it, with computers, no matter what operating system one has, we shall always have problems from time to time and shall be at the mercy of the experts who many times don't know how to correct the problem either.

• Members

My connection issue with has been resolved - the DNS settings had been changed by my ISP. Every other computer in our church office, including my XP and other Mac updated automatically, so I didn't notice the difference. With the new DNS settings, it works fine.