• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mike Huckabee responds to evolution question...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree John. Some people act like the pharmacies are going to open up to dangerous drugs like a big giant candy store dispensing harmful medication to whomever wants to buy it. It simply means that if a doctor writes a prescription for it, they can go and have the prescription filled at a pharmacy. I don't know any doctor who would knowingly and willfully prescribe medication to people if it is going to harm them.

Personally, I think that instead of sending people off for a free ride to the County Hotel, at taxpayers expense I might add, they will be going to a hospital that specializes in drug rehabilitation, and be treated for their drug addiction. Then when they are out they can start a new life that is drug-free.

• Administrators

I agree John. Some people act like the pharmacies are going to open up to dangerous drugs like a big giant candy store dispensing harmful medication to whomever wants to buy it. It simply means that if a doctor writes a prescription for it, they can go and have the prescription filled at a pharmacy. I don't know any doctor who would knowingly and willfully prescribe medication to people if it is going to harm them.

Personally, I think that instead of sending people off for a free ride to the County Hotel, at taxpayers expense I might add, they will be going to a hospital that specializes in drug rehabilitation, and be treated for their drug addiction. Then when they are out they can start a new life that is drug-free.

Actually, legalizing drugs will manke them proliferate. People are human, and sink to the lowest common denominator normally. And I do know of doctors who knowingly and willfully medicate with what they know is harmful...and many others medicate with stuff they aren't sure will harm the person they are giving it to.

And who will pay for the hospitals? If drug rehab doesn't work now, what makes anyone think that it will work if RP wins?

• Members

No one here is advocating the wholesale legalization and easy accessibility of drugs.

Consider this, the States and various local governments already have a plethora of anti-drug laws on the books. If the Federal government today ended their "war on drugs", drugs would not suddenly become legal; they would simply no longer be dealt with on the federal level. The State and local governments would utilize their own laws.

Look at the situation now and the situation before the "war on drugs". The before and after pictures are very different. Since the "war on drugs", the availability of illegal drugs has greatly expanded. The number of drug addicts has greatly increased. The billions of dollars poured into the "war on drugs" has proven to be ineffective in dealing with the problem.

What most folks who are against the Federal "war on drugs" want is for the federal government to end this boondoggle and allow the States and local governments to pursue various methods that work where they are at.

• Members
No one here is advocating the wholesale legalization and easy accessibility of drugs.

Hmmm, well no one but Ron Paul!
Is alcohol "easier to access" now than it was in the days of prohibition?
Well, is it brother?
Go back and read the link I provided to Paul's letter, GO BACK AND READ IT!
I have backed up what I said, why are you are ignoring it brother? :cool

And you guys would rather pick apart what Huckabee said about evolution? Give me a break!

• Members

Actually, legalizing drugs will manke them proliferate. People are human, and sink to the lowest common denominator normally. And I do know of doctors who knowingly and willfully medicate with what they know is harmful...and many others medicate with stuff they aren't sure will harm the person they are giving it to.

And who will pay for the hospitals? If drug rehab doesn't work now, what makes anyone think that it will work if RP wins?

If drugs were legalized (and that isn't likely because every state has anti-drug laws), we know the government would regulate, tax and control whatever was legalized. A decade or so ago, Illinois passed a law making it illegal to sell pot without a tax sticker. Of course, selling pot is illegal so no drug dealer will buy a sticker. That being the case, anyone caught selling the amount of pot that requires a tax sticker finds themselves automatically facing a tax evasion charge which greatly enhances the penalty.

Now, if the government were serious about the "war on drugs" would the drug penalties remain so low? Would there be such a revolving door of drug dealers, drug users, and others with drug related crimes going in and out of the prison system? Would the Supreme Court be ruling that judges can choose to ignore "mandatory" sentencing guidelines when dealing with some drug cases?

Most drug rehab programs are pathetic and make no real attempt to cure anyone. If the government were serious about the "war on drugs", why not make real rehab centers where the drug addicts are confined until they are weaned from the drugs and slowly placed back into society?

In times past, local communities, churches and families would deal rather effectively with many of the problems that today too many want to cast to the government to deal with. Then, the government takes over and makes a mess of everything with their bumbling and liberal policies.

The "war on drugs" has been a failure and continues to be a failure. The only thing it has succeeded at is wasting billions of dollars and granting the government more power to intrude upon peoples lives regardless of their innocence or guilt.

It's time for a new approach and getting the Federal government out of the way is a good beginning.

• Members

Hmmm, well no one but Ron Paul!
Is alcohol "easier to access" now than it was in the days of prohibition?
Well, is it brother?
Go back and read the link I provided to Paul's letter, GO BACK AND READ IT!
I have backed up what I said, why are you are ignoring it brother? :cool

And you guys would rather pick apart what Huckabee said about evolution? Give me a break!

I don't agree with the idea of legalizing all drugs and no matter what wrong (in my opinion) ideas Ron Paul has about drugs, I know that if he were president he couldn't bring about the legalization of drugs nor would he waste his time trying to.

Drugs are illegal at the State and local level. If the federal government ended their unconstitutional police actions in this area tomorrow, drugs would still be illegal.

As well, if the federal government would stay out of police matters, the States could enforce stricter drug enforcement policies and punishments as well as provide proper treatment centers.

If a person has a wrong notion, but can't or won't act upon that notion, they are not a threat. However, those who do have wrong notions who can and would act upon them, that's a threat.

• Administrators

John - I know all that, but that didn't answer my question!! My point is that Ron Paul as president wouldn't be a panacea. We are still dealing with sinful human nature, and drug rehab still won't work! And still my question is - who will pay for the hospitals into which these addicts go?

• Members
John - I know all that' date=' but that didn't answer my question!! My point is that Ron Paul as president wouldn't be a panacea. We are still dealing with sinful human nature, and drug rehab still won't work! And still my question is - who will pay for the hospitals into which these addicts go?[/quote']

I agree 100% that Ron Paul as president wouldn't be a panacea; no president would be or can be.

If the federal "war on drugs" were eliminated and the billions that go into that were returned to the States, there would be more than enough money to pay for rehab and other matters.

As well, we know that most rehab won't work unless the Lord is a part of it. The churches need to step up and help deal with this sin-based problem. If the federal government removed itself from such matters, States and local governments would be free to help finance Christian rehab centers.

Sadly, the churches and Christians in general have neglected their duties and allowed the government to assume them. This needs to change. We need revival and rededication in our churches, among our pastors and among our congregation. We (Christians) need to put the love of Christ into action once again and confront and treat sin with the Word of God.