• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What type of monitor do you have?

What type of monitor do you have?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What type of monitor do you have?

• Tube type
    • LCD monitor
    • Other ??

• Members

A couple of years back I bought a 20 inch LCD monitor at a Wal-Mart Super Store made by Balance to replace the flat screen CRT 17 inch monitor that came with this computer. It was not a real expensive one, I paid a bit over $200.00 for it. But I have really like it much better than the flat 17 inch tube type monitor.

A couple of things I like is, it can set further back on my desk which gives me more space to pile up stuff on my computer desk, plus I can set further away from it and read the print much easier.

• Members

I have a glossy 20 inch iMac, and a 22 inch samsung lcd. I love to do the dual screen thing, and since Leopard came out I can do dual screens on multiple desktops. Don't really get much done :lol , but I have plenty of real estate to get it done on.

• Members
I have a glossy 20 inch iMac' date=' and a 22 inch samsung lcd. I love to do the dual screen thing, and since Leopard came out I can do dual screens on multiple desktops. Don't really get much done :lol , but I have plenty of real estate to get it done on.[/quote']
:clap: You're making me excited. :lol

• Members

[quote="Gaelen"]I have a glossy 20 inch iMac, and a 22 inch samsung lcd. I love to do the dual screen thing, and since Leopard came out I can do dual screens on multiple desktops. Don't really get much done :lol , but I have plenty of real estate to get it done on.[/quote]

I don't get much done and I just have one screen. :uuhm:

I don't believe mine is glossy.

What do y'all clean them with?

I've never cleaned this screen, all I have ever done is blow it off with can air.

• Members

I have an old hand me down tube type - not even flat - but it is 19"

And most of the time it is close to the right colour. :ooops

But a bit dark. :roll

And I have a good hand me down 17" on the floor next to the pooter, because we need a new desk with room to hook them both up, and then I also will have plenty of real estate to get very little done on. :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

• Members

Dave, that 19 inch wouldn't happen to be an HP Pavillion mx90 would it? I have an old 19 inch Hp and it is also dark and I can not in any way get it any brighter. It seemed when I first got it it was just fine, but through the years it became darker and darker to where, as I said it just won't get any brighter.

Oh and the wipes that I use for my monitor are alcohol based but they are so lightly damp they are almost dry. The label on the side does say to check with your monitors manual before using though.

• Members

I don't know where my manual is, but I remember reading on it not to use anything that had alcohol on this screen. I feared it might mess us if I use them.

I used them on my old monitor and they did a great job of cleaning it and kept it static free as well. They are great for my old TV screen too.

• Members
Dave, that 19 inch wouldn't happen to be an HP Pavillion mx90 would it? I have an old 19 inch Hp and it is also dark and I can not in any way get it any brighter. It seemed when I first got it it was just fine, but through the years it became darker and darker to where, as I said it just won't get any brighter.

Oh and the wipes that I use for my monitor are alcohol based but they are so lightly damp they are almost dry. The label on the side does say to check with your monitors manual before using though.

Nah - Viewsonic - ex my work, as are all my monitors.

They were pensioned off recently when the company transferred to flat LCD's.

I ahve a 19 and a 17 for the "family PC" (this one) and I ahve two 17's for my study PC - but the day before I brought the two 17's home for that one my video card died, so I am on a 2mb card there with only one vid out! :lol::lol: :lol: