• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Smilies/Emoticons

• Members

After I changed over to the new format, the second page smilies stopped working for me. The codes do appear at the top of the 2nd page but the background is so dark, they are barely visible.

Additionally, some folks have mentioned to me that the second page smilies either do not come up at all for them or else the page loads very slowly, even with DSL. Is this something that can be fixed or is it a problem with each individual's computer?

Also, will I be able to divide the smilies into categories eventually? I think it would be neat to categorize them instead of having them mixed together. I have more to add. :ooops :lol

• Administrators

Now that phpBB has finally released the software I now know they will not make any core changes, so now I can get to work on the categories for smilies. The loading time has to do with the amount of smilies on the page, the more the smilies the longer it will take to load. As far as why the code appears on top is a IE problem. The javascript is correct, it is that IE is not properly rendering the javascript. If I fix it for IE, it will then stop working in FF and Opera. I'm hoping that IE will have it fixed soon in future updates.