• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lonely Rain

• Members

Don?t tell me the sun will come out again Don?t say I should dance in it Don?t tell me to smile Just let me sit here with myself for a while Just myself and God Cause I don?t care if the sun comes or stays And I don?t feel like dancing today It?s a lonely rain fallin... Fallin to the ground No tears today- I?m not down I?ve got some troubles but I won?t drown Sometimes you have to put them aside for a while Stand still for a while To watch Him move Watch the drops race down the glass Fast then slow But that?s how it goes It?s just a lonely rain. Woke up today just to see what happens next Saw as far as I walked, as far as I prayed Not going far, not moving fast How long will I have to wait? Yes, I?ve cried Now I?m tired Can?t fix everything with my hands Now I?m standing still, I know He can I sit through the rain to clear my mind Not really sure what I?ll find... It?s all a matter of trust in the end To be wise enough to let it go but not give up Are you strong enough to lift your heart to Him? To wait out the lonely rain... Fear will break you if it can Don?t give it the chance I?ll pray it again and again Someday He?ll let me know And that?s how it goes Through the lonely rain- The beautiful lonely rain. ~Katie L. Wilson~ December 10, 2007

Don?t sing me a song of the rain