• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

GIANTS in ancient history - the Nephilim

• Members

The Bible says the earth was destroyed by a flood....
Now I'm going to give you the reason...
I KNOW the reason without a shadow of a doubt...
Are you ready for this???
Here goes...
>
>
>
>
>
>

because the "wickedness of MAN was great"

Sarcastic, but cute.
Yes, I think it is possible the Nephilim corrupted everything and it's possible they were extremely violent!
"The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence." Gen 6:11
"And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth." Gen 6:13

Many cultures around the world have at least some primitive record of these giants, did you take a look at the links I provided in post no. 1? I'm not talking about flying saucers here, I'm just saying I think it's very possible that these giants were a much bigger part of the antediluvian earth than many people realize! You don't want to believe it fine, but try and have an open mind. Some believe the Nephilim have left their handiwork all around the world in ancient ruins...

The fact is, there are cut stone pieces on mountains in Bolivia that weigh over 900 TONS, located at an elevation of over 12,000 feet. There is a giant wharf in Puma Punka with one cut stone at 440 TONS. Cutting and moving material this size and weight would be questionable even with today's technology, you can read about that here:
http://www.sacredsites.com/americas/bol ... anaco.html

The ruins of Baalbek in Lebanon contains the amazing 1000 TON Stone of the South, which weighs approximately as much as three Boeing 747 aircraft, along with the Trilithon---giant granite stones beautifully fitted together at a height of 20 feet above present ground level. These cut stones are fitted so tightly that you cannot fit a knife or even a needle between them, and it would be a serious challenge for even today's engineers to move something like that even a short distance, you can read about the Trilithon of Baalbek here:
http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_5b3.htm

Again, I am not a stupid person, all I am suggesting is there are some things in the ancient world (like the Nephilim) which we have only begun to understand and may never really know about until the Lord shows us later. My study continues...

"...The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:32-33

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Likewise, Boese said, the recent giant hoax "taps into people's desire for mystery and their desire to see concrete confirmation of religious legends."
Here's where the quote came from. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ton_2.html

The world laughs at us with good reason when we misinterpret the word of God and tell science FICTION stories...even from the pulpit. I once heard a preacher say that Goliath was 13 feet tall. Another told about angels "cohabiting" with women and dared you to disagree! Hate to break the news to you but angels did not "cohabit" with women. The Bible says "sons of God" MARRIED...did you read that?? They took WIVES. The bible says he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favor of the Lord. I've got me one and I can tell you...the word of God is true. Did "fallen angels" obtain favour of the lord??

Giants were simply big MEN

2Sa 21:20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of [great] stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.

I once had a cat with extra toes on her feet....reckon she was descended from space aliens or angels? This man had six figers and six toes on all his limbs; That simply means he had birth defects. People today are born with this same condition. He didn't climb down the beanstalk and he didn't have angel DNA. He was the son of Goliath of Gath. How big was Goliath??? Read on.....

1Sa 17:4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height [was] six cubits and a span.

"Six cubits and a span" happens to be about 9 1/2', give or take and inch or two. This is credible. Goliath was simply a very big man.
He was NOT an angel/human hybrid and he was only about six inches taller than Robert Wadlow.

Why don't we stick with the Word of God and leave the science fiction alone? I can find more than enough reality to amaze me without resorting to fantasy.

• Moderators

Many cultures around the world have at least some primitive record of these giants, did you take a look at the links I provided in post no. 1? I'm not talking about flying saucers here, I'm just saying I think it's very possible that these giants were a much bigger part of the antediluvian earth than many people realize! You don't want to believe it fine, but try and have an open mind. Some believe the Nephilim have left their handiwork all around the world in ancient ruins...

The fact is, there are cut stone pieces on mountains in Bolivia that weigh over 900 TONS, located at an elevation of over 12,000 feet. There is a giant wharf in Puma Punka with one cut stone at 440 TONS. Cutting and moving material this size and weight would be questionable even with today's technology, you can read about that here:
http://www.sacredsites.com/americas/bol ... anaco.html

Biblical-giants book soars up charts
'The Nephilim' explains ancient pyramids, future events

All speculation about the origin of the Nephilim aside, there is some problem with assigning these feats of engineering to antediluvian (pre-flood) Nephilim. The Flood was a global, catastrophic event, which some scientists theorize would have reshaped the face of the earth, probably creating a lot of the mountains we see today. If that is the case, any mountain-top structures would have to be post-diluvian. Also, aren't the layers of sediment (and the fossils therein) considered by Creation scientists to be laid down by the flood? The Egyptian pyramids were largely created of limestone, which is a sedimentary rock. How could they be made before the Flood with rock created by the Flood?

I don't like to see such structures attributed to antediluvian anything, as such attributions seem to subtly undermine the actual vastness and effect of the Flood.

That being said, maybe they were built by post-Flood Nephilim! :wink

• Members

I just found something very disturbing.
The link below has actual footage of a possible Nephilim descendent.
Though the features are strikingly angelic, I can't decide if this was inherited from the angel or "fair women" side. Anyway...view at your own risk. Please...if you are easily frightened or prone to having nightmares, DO NOT click on this link. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/774518/six_fingers/

• Members

The Giants in Gen 6 are not the offspring of the "sons of God and daughters of man".
All it does it mention that there where giants, then it goes on to talk about the SOGandDOM breeding. It's pretty easy to see they are not connected.

Also, the theory of genetically bottled tribes mixing it up and getting genetically strong children is very true. But we're talking about a generational gap of 4? 6 generations? That is not enough. We're also talking about pre-flood... Adam would of been genetically perfect, as well as Eve. (unless you think God makes flaws). We would not be talking about genetic problems for many generations.. so much so that it wasn't until Moses that God even told us to stop marrying siblings. The Genome was strong enough back then that brother and sister could marry and have no worries about the children.

Finally, the double row of teeth, this would of course just be a theory on a whim, but double the size of your teeth and imagine what they would look like. At a glance, it would look like you have 2 rows of teeth, and would require examination to see that no, it's just a really big tooth. I'm guessing if a 20' guy was running around in the woods by me, I wouldn't be interested in getting close enough to give him a check up. Of all the giant size bones I've read about, I've seen horns, tails, and other oddities, but never double row of teeth. Doesn't mean they didn't have em...

• Members
I just found something very disturbing.
The link below has actual footage of a possible Nephilim descendent.
Though the features are strikingly angelic, I can't decide if this was inherited from the angel or "fair women" side. Anyway...view at your own risk. Please...if you are easily frightened or prone to having nightmares, DO NOT click on this link. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/774518/six_fingers/

This is much more common then people know. Talk to someone who works maternity ward and they will tell you that when a baby comes out with extra digits, they take the baby out of the room, give it a quick snip, and never even tell the parents. I had someone tell me this and I found it kinda unbelievable. Not so much babies are born that way, but that a hospital would perform an operation on a newborn without letting the parents know. I had it confirmed though, and learned enough that if I ever have kids, they will not leave my sight until we are out of the hospital, no exception.

• Members
The fact is' date=' there are cut stone pieces on mountains in Bolivia that weigh over 900 TONS, located at an elevation of over 12,000 feet. There is a giant wharf in Puma Punka with one cut stone at 440 TONS. Cutting and moving material this size and weight would be questionable even with today's technology, you can read about that here:[/quote']

I know how to move a 900 stone, by myself, without any power tools, anywhere you want it to go.

There is a guy in scotland right now, building his own stone henge. He's pouring 300 ton pillars of concrete. They are poured laying down, and not where he wants em. After they cure, he then moves them across his field, stands em up, and starts on the next one. He has yet to use any power tools.

When you grow up always having a dodge pick up, you start thinking that if your dodge can't handle it, then it can't be done. Back then people didn't have cranes and bulldozers, but they had other ways of doing things, and those ways where not limited by horsepower and cable strength.

Build a giant pyramid? ok... I could do it without anything but hand tools, but if you want it done in this life time I would ask that you give me lots and lots of slaves.

• Members

We don't need giants to account for the moving and using of large stones. Check out the tonnage of the stones used in Solomon's temple and those used in the pyramids - we know ordinary MEN built these. We may not know 3-4000 years later HOW they built them, but we know they did.

• Members
We don't need giants to account for the moving and using of large stones. Check out the tonnage of the stones used in Solomon's temple and those used in the pyramids - we know ordinary MEN built these. We may not know 3-4000 years later HOW they built them' date=' but we know they did.[/quote']

Yup

• Members

I saw that on TV., or someone like him, moving humongous stones by himself using simple stuff. Image what a whole gang of men like that could move. The people on Easter Island weren't giants but they moved huge stones too.
I agree ,you don't need giants to move big stuff.

• Members

LOL, the world laughs at us even if we interpret the word of God properly, so your point is moot.
I do not let the WORLD determine my beliefs. As for the height of Goliath, depends on which CUBIT you are using, standard or forearm cubit, see here:
http://home.teleport.com/~salad/4god/cubit.htm

Dogmatic, I love it. You sound like the preachers you mock. But it makes you seem rude and there is no need for that here.
How was Mary impregnated? By a SPIRIT? Yes, she was.

Does it say married? My Bible says, "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." It is implied they procreated, but I do not see marriage.

LOL, the battle of men and the strange Nephilim which left their first estate, is perhaps more obvious if you have an open mind... is this not a forum for discussion, or merely dogmatic views on grey areas?

"I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." Jude 5-7

Maybe, maybe more than simply big men. The Bible says, "they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." This sates they were men who were above others, in both size and ability. Could explain things like 900 ton cut stones on top of mountains. Maybe the gigantic offspring of women and demonic spirits, I sure don't know.
Funny thing, angels ALL APPEAR AS MEN in the Bible, and they still do today!
If you had an stranger next to you in the car he could be an angel and you wouldn't know it.
"And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the MEN which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them." Gen 19:5

By the way, if you married an axe murdering wife, does that mean you found favor with God? Some men have done that you know. Let's not be so condescending.

See my notes above on the CUBITS.

More condescending behavior.
You may not realize it, but to some the idea of a God in heaven is SCIENCE FICTION.
I'm not one of them.
Look, it's my thread, science fiction or not, I'm not being dogmatic here and I think it's okay to explore some of these things, and if you get offended or anything, kindly buzz off and stop telling me how to think. You are sold on the idea that the ?sons of God? were descendants of Seth, we get it, and I can respect that. Aside from the fact that the "sons of God" is used exclusively of angels in the Old Testament, there IS ROOM for more than one opinion here, as clearly shown by open minded Christian authors who present not only YOUR view but also this:

"?Sons of God? is clearly used of angels in Job 38:7. The Septuagint (LXX) here translates ?sons of God? as ?angels of God.? This need not mean that evil angels, or demons, actually cohabited with women. Nevertheless, evil angels on earth could have used the bodies of ungodly men, by demonic possession, to achieve their evil purpose of producing an evil generation of people (Gen. 6:12).7
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/ar ... hilim9.asp

• Members
We don't need giants to account for the moving and using of large stones. Check out the tonnage of the stones used in Solomon's temple and those used in the pyramids - we know ordinary MEN built these. We may not know 3-4000 years later HOW they built them' date=' but we know they did.[/quote']
Actually there are some structures which are still puzzling. Did you read this?
http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_5b3.htm