• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Do You Heat Your Home?  

1. 1. How Do You Heat Your Home?

• By living in a warm climate :frog
    • Other
    • A combination
    • Fireplace
    • Solar
    • Wood
    • Electric
    • Propane
    • Natural Gas
    • Oil

• Members

I am not sure what it is really call, but it is a furnace heated by gas.. we have a radiator baseboard (it look like a regular electric baseboard except it have fins) heated by the furnace.. It used to be oil, but not anymore.

We also have a heat pump.

three fireplaces

and one room with a electric baseboard. That room also have one of fireplace too.

in the basement, we have to use the radiator/furnace... because the heat pump does not reach down there. The radiator was already built down there.

The heatpump and our gas bill are the same so it doesn't really make a difference which we use.

• Members

Oil-fired-hot-water system:::::::: This is what we have now.

HHO-Powered-Turbine-Driven-Alternator generating my own electricity::::::: This is what I want to have as soon as I can get it fully designed and built. At that point I will go totally electric. There will be no more fuel-oil tanks to worry with, or an oil burner to gobble oil and elecricity, and consume space in my already crowded electronics laboratory. I am sooooooooo looking forward to pulling those awful things outttta here and saying GOOOOOOODBYE to fossil-fuel heat forever!!!!!!!! I'll even rip out the hot-water baseboard heaters and install efficient electric baseboard heaters. :clap:

Water converted to HHO gas for energy applications is not only doable, viable, practical and efficient, but in countries like Taiwan it is already happening.

Please click here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZca4okfDXs

Consider how easy it is to use water for fuel:::: It is pumpable, pourable, and even drops out of the sky. :lol A good friend who now lives in North Carolina told me about this. I cannot take credit for the idea. It was sometime ago he told me he wanted to develop an engine that used water for fuel, but I was rather skeptical. I forget if I voiced my doubt but am sure he picked up on it. Truth be known, I still refuse to believe that the common chemical method of electrolysis will produce sufficient fuel gas compared to the input power applied. This is not a problem, because we don't have to use Edison's Direct Current in a chemical electrolysis method. Instead we'll go Teslian and use hi-voltage and hi-frequency wherein the Water-Fuel-Cell tank resonates with an appropriately specified inductor in parallel. In this fashion the covalent bonds holding the Oxygen and Hydrogen atoms together will "give-it-up" quite easily with VERY little current.

• Members

In the system I described previously::::

Because the current is so incredibly miniscule, even with the high-voltage the power level is waaaaaaay down.

We are not attempting to get something for nothing. We're not trying to violate the second law of thermodynamics. We're putting water and electricity into the mix.

Now it is onward and upward. :Green

One of the goals with this system is to install it for my friends down in North Carolina. As I previously said, it is his idea. :smile

• Members
Our furnace is a Oil-water system. We can't do electric' date=' with Connecticut's electric rates it would cost more to heat the house with electricity than oil.[/quote']
I agree with you there, BroMatt. Pennsylvania is the very same way and getting worse too. In 2009 the rate cap will be lifted and all of the power companies in PA will be permitted to skyrocket their rates.

However, suppose you had your very own self-contained home power plant that ran on water and a tiny bit of electricity? Then you could go totally electric and completely unhook from the grid. I say, unhook, because with the rate hike here in PA they will not be required to buy back surplus electric generated by homeowners or businsses. Instead, you could have the grid as close as a switch if and/or when you needed to do maintenance on your home power plant. This system should not occupy any more room than your existing furnace.