• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shepherd's Chapel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, nancy shortridge said:

Pastor Murray teaches that the Antichris come first and if someone appears saying he is chris and you are still in a human body.  Then he a Fake.    If you all are so smart show me where the bible says we will be raptured away.  Think about it if that was true then what would the devil be coming back for? because all that were left would already be his. nancyshortridge@yahoo.com

These all teach a clear rapture of the church. What's the problem?

"13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1Thes 4:13-17)

"14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. 16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped." (Rev 14:14-16)

"51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1Cor 15:51, 52)

Now, I will say that I believe somewhat differently than many here, and I am not here to argue the point, or to declare that this is a platform the entire site holds to, but I believe the rapture to take place just prior to the falling of God's wrath, as seen in Rev 14. However, the Bible is clear that, even if that be the case, those who are sealed by the  Holy Spirit won't be touched by the plagues to fall during the seven trumpets. Satan comes to take over the world, not the believers-he has already lost those who belong to the Lord and he cannot touch us-it is Satan's wrath against the world, against God's creation, because he hates it. Satan is a murderer and he will destroy anyone he can. He knows his end is in the lake of fire and he desires to bring as many as possible to that same end.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 1/27/2008 at 8:37 PM, Maxmya said:

The Shepherd's Chapel by Arnold Murray is a false cult located in Arkansas that does not believe in an eternal hell. They have a false belief similar to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I believe the Shepherd's Chapel chapter by chapter verse by verse Bible study hits the nail on the head every time.....Love their teachings and I believe full heartedly because it makes sense and I go with what makes sense.  Any one doing a Bible study should follow chapter by chapter verse by verse, Praise the Heavenly Father thank you Jesus !!

• Members
On 4/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, Ukulelemike said:

These all teach a clear rapture of the church. What's the problem?

"13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1Thes 4:13-17)

"14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. 16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped." (Rev 14:14-16)

"51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1Cor 15:51, 52)

Now, I will say that I believe somewhat differently than many here, and I am not here to argue the point, or to declare that this is a platform the entire site holds to, but I believe the rapture to take place just prior to the falling of God's wrath, as seen in Rev 14. However, the Bible is clear that, even if that be the case, those who are sealed by the  Holy Spirit won't be touched by the plagues to fall during the seven trumpets. Satan comes to take over the world, not the believers-he has already lost those who belong to the Lord and he cannot touch us-it is Satan's wrath against the world, against God's creation, because he hates it. Satan is a murderer and he will destroy anyone he can. He knows his end is in the lake of fire and he desires to bring as many as possible to that same end.

I believe the anti-Christ comes at the 6th Seal 6th Trumpet 6th Bowl and Jesus our Christ will return at the 7th Seal 7th Trumpet 7th Bowl, therefore we will all be on earth (if living at this time) through tribulation, not raptured before tribulation which many religions teach is false belief.....Jesus our Christ comes after tribulation not before

• Members

For how long will false-shepherd's chapels lead people astray,  verse by verse, in a way that seems right to a man, but is leading to destruction ?  

As Jesus warned,  severely,  beware the leaven of the shepherds / religious leaders.

Very strict warning.   Leaven is hypocrisy,  and is very common in shepherds. 

fwiw,  years ago,  I watched it also,  and gradually the truth came out (it is not obvious most televised episodes).   Later the details of the false gospel of shepherd's chapel was brought to the light,   and no one needs remain deceived on the road to destruction anymore.   The false teaching is subtle,  like the serpent in the garden,  but is directly contrary to Scripture, as revealed in many online reviews. (not for this thread nor forum)

On 4/8/2021 at 2:09 PM, nancy shortridge said:

Pastor Murray teaches that the Antichris come first and if someone appears saying he is chris and you are still in a human body.  Then he a Fake.    If you all are so smart show me where the bible says we will be raptured away.  Think about it if that was true then what would the devil be coming back for? because all that were left would already be his. nancyshortridge@yahoo.com

A tangent  (or direct) observation:   In the Apocalypse it is written that the remaining two thirds of mankind (the whole world) refuses to stop worshiping demons when one third of mankind is killed.   And in agreement with Ephesians 2,  the whole world, except the few saints,  are already now, today, subject to the devil. ("prince of the power of the air") . (even the saints "once were",  before being set free/born again/redeemed and made a new creation)

• Members
On 1/27/2008 at 7:37 PM, Maxmya said:

The Shepherd's Chapel by Arnold Murray is a false cult located in Arkansas that does not believe in an eternal hell. They have a false belief similar to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

They don't follow Jesus, and they have many false beliefs, not just a couple as noted, and as written are already condemned because of their unbelief.  On several forums in the past decade followers of that cult / false teacher have been wittingly or unwittingly secretive - they post things obviously false,  without at first disclosing their teacher.  They follow a man instead of Jesus,  but sometimes it takes days or longer of questions and answers to get to their source / the root of the problem (being false-shepherd's chapel(s)) .    Oh,  there's "enough" seemingly right,  just like in the garden when hasatan deceived Eve he mixed "enough" seeming truth with the temptation to get Eve to choose to sin and not to realize it, same as a.murray does - people don't realize they are being led down the same garden path as Adam and Eve were.

On 1/28/2008 at 4:50 AM, 88keys said:

When my husband was pastoring in TX we had one of the Shepherd's Chapel people show up at our church. At first, he was gung-ho about the church - loved the expository preaching, etc. Then his beliefs started surfacing in SS! eek!
Shepherd's Chapel believes in British Israelism and it's basically a deeply racist cult. We got rid of him QUICK (my husband visited them in their home and led the conversation in such a way that they were quite uncomfortable coming back).

So "in person" as well as on forums the last decade,  they "appear" to be alright,  'real' Christians,  but by God's Grace the Truth comes out finally,  hopefully before more are caused to fall.

On 1/27/2008 at 9:14 PM, John81 said:

Never heard of them myself but it's good to expose false churches and their leaders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have been listening to shepherds chapel for a year now and contrary to what is said above he teaches precept upon precept and word for word the bible and doesn’t bad mouth other religions I’ve seen nothing about them that would have me feel that they are a  cult and I have actually seen it first hand. I don’t believe exactly how they do example (Eve having sex with satan) but if you study with them and keep a open mind but question what and research what might bother you about anything they’ve said there is a lot of good in the studies.

• Members
17 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Listening to your own pastor is best and safest. Going outside of your local church is a recipe for doctrinal problems.

What happens if your pastor is doctrinally messed up? If my friend friend didn't "go outside his church" he'd still be in a Holiness church.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 1/27/2008 at 7:37 PM, Maxmya said:

What Maxmya and others say about Shepherd's Chapel and the late Pastor Arnold Murray are full-out UNTRUTHS.

I have been a student of Pastor Murray's for many, many years, and I can say, while on my knees, with my face raised to the glory of God Almighty, that  Pastor Murray ABSOLUTELY believed in and taught the existence of eternal hell, believed in and taught the Holy Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - did, indeed, teach  that the antichrist will come to earth BEFORE Christ returns, as written in Revelation.  And finally, NEVER did he say that the evil ones will cease to exist.  What he taught, how he explained when addressing questions about  what happens after the Great White Throne Judgement to those who are judged to eternity in the Lake of Fire.....As he said, It is the MEMORY OF THEM that will cease to exist.  So that His children do not suffer with sorrow when they realize that loved ones are not among them in paradise, God will wipe away all memory of the unsaved from all His children, for all time.  It is not the damned who cease to exist,  it is only their memory that will cease to live in the minds of the saved....It will be AS IF they never existed.  Do you understand?

You have judged and declared with authority that Pastor Murray and his teaching were of the serpent in the garden, that Pastor Murray's students and congregation are no more than lost members a cult, on the road to destruction.  And you have done this  based on little to no time spent in his teachings or in discussion with long-time students in a quest to understand.  You used minimal snippets of quotes, misquotes, misrepresentations and assumptions, information from unnamed sources, with no question of THEIR knowledge, their faith, their relationship with the Father or depth of study in His Word.  

Please tell, where is Christ in your judgement, how Christ-like is your attitude and dismissiveness of others that you do not know?  How many have you hurt with your facts that are not fact, your small grain of knowledge about a man and the 60+ yrs he devoted to teaching God's Word?  

I suggest that all who have written here, who have visited and read here should spend time in study of God's Word as given in the book of Job, the whole book.  If not all, then begin at chapter 38, with God's questions to Job, a lesson in humility, designed to break Job's sense of his own greatness and self-importance.   God reminds Job, reminds ALL OF US,  that we know nothing and are nothing without Him.  

God created man for His pleasure.  Our purpose is to please Him, to obey and love Him, have relationship with Him and humble ourselves before Him.  He grants us the gift of discernment, but He has given NO ONE His exclusive right to judge His children. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Shepard's Chapel:   Answers all the questions, they make the word flow within scripture. They provide PURE TRUTH!  Of course the Conventional churches do not want anything taught out of their particular boxed religion.   Arnold Murray now deceased & Dennis Murray are great men of God, providing the WHOLE TRUTH!

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Karen Mentzel said:

Shepard's Chapel:   Answers all the questions, they make the word flow within scripture. They provide PURE TRUTH!  Of course the Conventional churches do not want anything taught out of their particular boxed religion.   Arnold Murray now deceased & Dennis Murray are great men of God, providing the WHOLE TRUTH!

Thank you for your input and welcome. 

I believe your reply comments should be reserved for talking about Jesus, not a religious organization.