• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Non Debating topic............................

• Members
I've never read much by christian authors I guess I just am not sure who I can trust. Is it a pretty good book or to early to tell.

I think maybe your mistaken, that is you might be like I. If so, please let us know.

Reading what Moses, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, Peter and other Christians authors like them, no doubt, they're the best Christians authors to read, you'll never go wrong reading their wittings.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I understand' date=' I have been delving into the scriptures quite a lot differently this year I joind the faith bible institute at our church this year and its quite good for your mind and soul. lots of bible reading and the wilmingtons guide to the bible, also.[/quote']

I took 3 semesters of faith bible institute back in late 99 and early 00, finally after having 2 surgeries on my neck and never getting better I had to drop out.

Does John Yates still teach it. He is right good at getting everything across to a person.

I refer back to my work books quite often.

• Members

Right, :saint , I figured as much, being as your on here.

But you might not realize that many people out there don't think of those who I just named as Christian writers.

I'm sure your right, see I never question their Christianity is why I don't think of them in the same catagory as todays writers as I today somany things are billed as Christian you have to be warry of what you bring into your house.

• Members

We're just a busy, happy family doing busy, happy things...church visitation, music lessons, homeschool, sports, garage sale, etc. I'm currently working on a devotional book for children that is due to be published this summer. Next week my husband and I get to go to Romania. I can't wait!!!!!! Nana and Papa are coming to watch the kids. Romania has a special place in my heart; I may come back with a few orphans to add to our home (not really, but I wish).

• Members

Well we have just finnished our second week of home schooling and we are loving it!!!! God is so good!!!He is intertwinning everthing so well! It is such a joy to watch my children learn and grow and I am learning so much as well!!!!!! I have always loved history and it seems so does my 13 and half year old son! He is studying World History at the moment; 16th -18th century. We got some dvd's out of the library, and they just tie in so beautifully! The boys are watching them now while they fold their papers for their paper round.
I don't know if any of you remember the young boy Taine we asked you to pray for?
Well he is still alive and everyone is amazed. He is going to be in one of our major papers this Sunday, and when his mother was interviewed for the story she told the reporter about how our little church was praying for him!! Infact, we are quite well known all over our major children's hospital!!!!!!!!!!!! I sn't God just amazing how He glorifies Himself?????????????????? God is a God of miracles and He truly does answer prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

That's great Lee-Anne! It's so good to hear from you, and I'm glad to hear schooling is going so well! I think I would enjoy learning that history too - I like learning history on a 13 year old's level. :Green I used to check out the teen section of the library for good and simple biographies.

Things are going well here - hubby is still on vacation for another few weeks, and he's been getting lots of prep work done for the next term. And I've been feeling great as far as pregnancy goes! This one has been so much easier than my first one. :clap: :praise:

• Administrators

Annie - Take some pictures and post them when you get back, if you can, would you?

Lee-Anne - I'm so glad things are going well with you. I love history, too, and was able to cultivate a genuine love for it in my son by homeschooling as well. He still loves it (he's currently reading a book that is a two parter - letters of Robert E. Lee and of US Grant, and listening to a series of history lessons on CD). Praise the Lord for the good news on Taine and his mother realizing the impact of your church's prayers!!

Katie - Glad you're feeling well!

Tonight is our Mother/Daughter banquet (we have them early because spring is a very busy time for our church). Mrs. Brandenburg from CA is going to be speaking. I've never met her, but have always enjoyed her husband's preaching and his writing. Am looking forward to it.