• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Non Debating topic............................

• Members
Snow' date=' we have about 4 feet of it on the ground and it's snowing again. Talked to a preacher friend in VA this morning and it's to get to 70 there today. It won't be 70 here until July![/quote']

lol, similar here...

we were talking the other day its going to take till at least june for all this snow to melt! and the mountains are way worse than us!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
We are having a baby dedication service at our church this Sunday. It's refreshing to see young families desiring to follow God in their family life.
(Hope baby dedications aren't controversial..........LOL)

You're not really dedicating the baby. It's the parents who are dedicating themselves to raise their child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Anyway, I just got back from casting my bote in Super Tuesday!

Remember, if you don't vote, then don't whine! :cool

• Members

Our church will old baby dedications if a couple desires one, (they are rare in our church, I've only seen one conducted so far). Our pastor uses such occasions to make it very clear the dedication has nothing to do with the childs standing before the Lord and that the child will one day have to determine to repent and accept Christ as their Lord and Saviour for themselves. He also goes into detail about how the dedication is really about the parents dedicating themselves to raising the child for the Lord biblically. He also asks the congregation to dedicate themselves to providing support for the parents in raising their child biblically and to hold them up in prayer.

• Members

Me and the wifes sleep schedules have been really messed up lately I don't know why. We got up wayyyy too late today. I hate wasting the day, but it did feel good! Its really wet here in this part of the woods.

We just went to the library and got the kids a few books and ourselves as well.

The missus didn't feel like eating sloppy joes or spaghetti so we ordered in.

Played basketball with the teens from church yesterday. It was the older adults vs. the teens and they won (not by much :lol: ). I was feeling a little sparky so I ran with the teens and I got left behind :ooops (we ran from the church to the school Gymnasium here in town @mile and 1/4). Today I hurt baaad :lol: .......................

• Members

Just deadheaded from fort worth to sweetwater in a limo(van) to stay in a hotel and get rest for 8hrs to get a 2 hr call to take a train to fort worth tomorrow. now I'm triing to study my fbi homework while I watch the voteing results and check ob. busy busy. :puzzled:

• Members

Tornadoes tear across South, killing 3 By JON GAMBRELL, Associated Press Writer
40 minutes ago

ATKINS, Ark. - Tornadoes tore across Arkansas, Tennessee and Mississippi on Tuesday, killing at least three people and injuring several others in a rare midwinter outbreak of violent weather.

A couple and a child were killed after a tornado touched down near the center of Atkins, a community of 3,000 along the Arkansas River in the central part of the state, the Pope County Sheriff's Office said.

On primary election day, at least one voting site in Atkins continued functioning as a Red Cross shelter after polls closed, Natasha Naragon, a spokeswoman with the secretary of state's office.

"It's been a wild night," said state emergency management spokesman Tommy Jackson. "A heck of a way to have elections in Arkansas."

Cell phone pictures sent to television stations showed a dark, broad funnel approaching the town. Traffic was snarled on nearby Interstate 40, with reports of tractor-trailers on their sides.

At least six tornadoes touched down between Oxford, Miss., and Jackson, Tenn., said Richard Okulski of the National Weather Service in Memphis.

In Oxford, 11 people ranging in age from infants to senior citizens were taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital with injuries caused by a tornado, Peyton Warrington, the hospital's assistant administrator. They were stable, he said.

One storm tore a large part of the north wall off Hickory Ridge Mall in Memphis. Steve Cole of the Memphis Police Department said a few people north of the mall took shelter under a bridge and were washed away, but were pulled out of the Wolf River with only scrapes.

Later, the same system damaged a dormitory at Union University in Jackson, where a 2003 tornado killed 11 people and one in 1999 killed nine. Eight students were trapped Tuesday but weren't seriously injured, school spokesman Tim Ellsworth said.

In Arkansas, the Baxter County Sheriff's Office said debris, including parts of houses, blocked U.S. Highway 62. The town of Gassville was sealed off because of the possibility of gas leaks resulting in an explosion, and injury reports could not be confirmed because phone lines were down.

On the town's south side, a trailer park was hit and a McDonald's restaurant was damaged.

Twisters in northern Mississippi tore through buildings and ripped down power lines. The National Weather Service said it had received reports of injuries in the area, but the extent of those injuries was not immediately available.

A tornado shredded warehouses in an industrial park in Southaven, said Desoto County Sheriff's Department Cmdr. Steve Atkinson.

"It ripped the warehouses apart. The best way to describe it is it looks like a bomb went off," Atkinson said. "A lot of fire departments are here and we're searching each warehouse to see if there was anybody in there. It's going to be a time consuming thing and we'll probably be searching into the morning."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080206/ap_ ... re_weather