• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Non Debating topic............................

• Members

Folks I would like for you to just post whats goin on in your local area. I care not whether it is the weather, fires, crimes, celebrations, anything that we cannot debate about just a relaxed topic about our everyday lives post as often and as long as you want comment welcome, but only positive feed back towards eachother, ABSOLUTELY NO PUTTING EACH OTHER DOWN. Lets talk.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Been workin like crazy finally got to kick back a little the last two days, we had two families join our church yesterday, and it looks like its gonna get alittle wet in the morning got some serious storms comin in the morning.

• Members
We got about 1 1/2 - 2" of snow today. I didn't even know we were supposed to get snow. It's nice to see a fresh covering of snow on top of all the dirty snow. Quite the picture of God's forgiveness in a sinner's life.

I would imagine it is pretty we don't see much of that stuff down here.

• Members

Cool idea for a thread.

Have to run several errands today and then take my second child to the dr to get his ears checked to see if there is fluid in there causing a hearing problem.

Starting to fill up my cake schedule for the last part of the month too...Woo Hoo! Good thing because after getting "legal" and also putting out quite a bit of money getting ready for the cake competition coming up next month, I need some orders bad.

• Members

I cleaned my office yesterday. By cleaned I mean CLEANED! I threw out and entire shelf worth of binders that had been sitting on my shelf from before I started here. I Threw out 3 old computers, a box of wires, and all sorts of stuff that had been here and not used in over 3 years. All of it, gone. Then I took to organizing my filing cabinet, found a organizer for all the little parts and pieces I use, and wiped sown the whole place. It felt so good to go to work. Perhaps cleanliness is next to godliness???

Edit: Spelling

• Members

We here in China are in the midst of the biggest holiday season of the year - Chinese New Year's festival. Tomorrow (Wed.) is the new year's eve. We've been seeing/hearing lots of fireworks today, and it's just the beginning! Tomorrow night they'll probably go on most of the night, so we might not get much sleep. The bad thing is that our little daughter is scared of them, and if she's in a room by herself and they start going off loudly, she freaks out. So, she'll be sleeping in our room the next few nights probably! We just put her to bed in her own room tonight, but I expect to have to run to her any time now because we never know when the fireworks will be. Makes life interesting! :Green

Many Chinese families will be getting together tomorrow and making Chinese dumplings and having big feasts and shooting off fireworks. Some families hide a coin inside one of them(the dumpings, that is), and whoever gets that one gets a prize. Most children will be getting "hongbao" from many different people - these are special red envelopes with money gifts inside. There is always a special program on TV that night with lots of singing, special theatrical dances, skits, and speeches, and much of China tunes in to that yearly show.

• Administrators

We had a bunch of snow last week, but the roads have cleared well, finally. Yesterday it was warmer, and so it was so foggy I thought I was in London!!! This morning it's a little cooler, and they are calling for snow this evening.

This Friday our church is having our annual Father/Son banquet. Next week is the Mother/Daughter banquet. We have them early because we are so busy in the spring. This is the first year my son won't be able to go with my husband, because he will be at work. I will be joining some lady friends for dinner. A friend is coming to visit her daughter and several of us are getting together to celebrate this friend's birthday.

I work for a library. I am in the programming and publicity department. In June, several staff members spent the day taking pictures, for "A Day in the Life of Westchester Township." I have been working on creating a slide show of it that will be posted on our website. Once it's up, I'll give you the address so you can see some pictures. There are some pretty ones.

Hubby and I are gearing up preparing for an empty nest when our son leaves in April to head to Basic Training. He is gone one week-end a month for his drills, but when he leaves in April, he won't be back until between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are excited, but at the same time know it's going to be very different around here.

• Members
We here in China are in the midst of the biggest holiday season of the year - Chinese New Year's festival. Tomorrow (Wed.) is the new year's eve. We've been seeing/hearing lots of fireworks today, and it's just the beginning! Tomorrow night they'll probably go on most of the night, so we might not get much sleep. The bad thing is that our little daughter is scared of them, and if she's in a room by herself and they start going off loudly, she freaks out. So, she'll be sleeping in our room the next few nights probably! We just put her to bed in her own room tonight, but I expect to have to run to her any time now because we never know when the fireworks will be. Makes life interesting! :Green

Many Chinese families will be getting together tomorrow and making Chinese dumplings and having big feasts and shooting off fireworks. Some families hide a coin inside one of them(the dumpings, that is), and whoever gets that one gets a prize. Most children will be getting "hongbao" from many different people - these are special red envelopes with money gifts inside. There is always a special program on TV that night with lots of singing, special theatrical dances, skits, and speeches, and much of China tunes in to that yearly show.

Chinese newyears affecting me to not as bad as your litte girl it is giving me time off half way round the world here in Tx. I run trains that are full of containers from china so our traffic slows down at this time of year. yea chinese newyear. :Green

• Members

Hmmm... this is kinda interesting...

Me? I'm trying to not get too annoyed with the snow (its not working)... We're supposed to have another 6-8 inches by morning... I have some pics, I'll have to post them. Summer is really a nicer season. Other than that, I just work. Don't really have a lot of time to do much (just in the evening, if I'm not working, and I don't really want to do anything then) :roll