• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Elect...Deception...End Times

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

By the antichrist. 2 Thess. 2:11

Last I checked, He isn't in power yet and I don't plan on being around when he is.

Ezra, it is true that Christians can be deceived but let's use the right verses to prove so.

[speaking as a mod here]

Also, it is rude of you to come on this board and accuse most of the people here of being deceived and even unsaved when you don't even know them. 5dumplings is right; in a large group of Christians, it is impossible to agree 100% of the time. So cool off and enjoy some fellowship in Christ.

• Members

Hello Baker,

I am glad your speaking as a Mod here. As far as calling people unsaved on this forum, I think you been paying to close attention to Kevin whispering in your ear. My issue is this.....

How in the world can people (out in the world) truly be saved when they believe in Biblical error? Wouldnt they get convicted by the Holy Spirit? And as far as the endtimes with the antichrist. Just like you I wont be here when he is sitting on the throne claiming to be God. But because the antichrist isnt on the throne yet, does that mean there isnt anyone falling away into false teachings?

Am I here for fellowship? yes indeed I am. But I cannot nor will not embrace a teaching that is againts Biblical teaching. I cannot throw my arms around somone teaching a false doctrine and say its ok your a christian. I am sorry I am not a follower of Rick Warren, and all those other Baptist churches that have fallen away. We have to be strong on that Rock in which we stand on. Not be afraid of offending somone, because they might get upset. Now if I caused any upset to the saints on the OB forum. Please find it in your hearts to forgive my rudeness. I was just being sincere in my convictions.

I think a lot of us have gotten frustrated with the other thread concerning Visions and Dreams.

Takecare and God bless,

• Members

I haven't been whispering in anyone's ear... :loco
What I am arguing is not charismatic or like Rick Warren, at all. You're taking it to the extreme. The Bible talks about tongues being a sign for the Jews and it also talks about how tongues should be used - there must be an interpreter. Obviously, that disqualifies a lot of charismatics who speak in tongues. As far as dreams go, God can use them if He so chooses and sometimes does in certain circumstances. It's not something that happens often and it is why we are commanded to try the Spirits. Just because a whole group of people abuse spiritual gifts does not mean that we reject them altogether. That is exactly why God gave us 1 Corinthians 12-14, so we would know how they are to be used and to be discerning between what is of God and what is disorderly, or of Satan.

The biggest issue I have is not defending that dreams happen, but in the misinterpretation of Scripture with regards to spiritual gifts.

• Members

We have given you Scriptures that show that the sign gifts are done away with - but frankly, you will not accept any doctrinal position that draws a hard and fast line - because then you can no longer be ecumenical and accepting of all who call themselves Christians. You might actually have to... separate from some professing Christian groups - and you yourself said you won't do that!

• Members
We have given you Scriptures that show that the sign gifts are done away with - but frankly' date=' you will not accept any doctrinal position that draws a hard and fast line - because then you can no longer be ecumenical and accepting of all who call themselves Christians. You might actually have to... separate from some [i']professing Christian groups - and you yourself said you won't do that!

I won't transfer the argument over the gifts over here and I won't continue it here. You would love for it to be a battle of the words rather than a battle of Scriptural interpretation. If you want to talk about it, I have a long post that, I believe, very clearly defines the problems with your position. I'm still waiting for a response. And not more rhetoric, a response from a Scriptural basis with a proper interpretation of the verses. I have responded to each and every point that you have brought forth, please show me the same courtesy. :tip:

• Members

It is not a battle of interpretations. You have shown consistently that you don't like things black or white in Scripture - because you will not separate from anything. If it was black and white, you would have to make a choice. I will not apologize for calling it as it is. Show me one issue where you have taken a clear Scriptural position on these boards and stood against those that were on the opposite side, whether it be a teacher/writer or a group within "Christendom." You don't. You always have some excuse for why someone stands where they do, but it is never heresy or false teaching, it is just their "honest interpretation" of the Bible - no right or wrong, no black or white - all opinions of equal value. But that mindset just does not line up with what the Bible says. No, ANYTHING DOESN'T GO in Christendom.

• Members
It is not a battle of interpretations. You have shown consistently that you don't like things black or white in Scripture - because you will not separate from anything. If it was black and white' date=' you would have to make a choice. I will not apologize for calling it as it is. Show me one issue where you have taken a clear Scriptural position on these boards and stood against those that were on the opposite side, whether it be a teacher/writer or a group within "Christendom." You don't. You always have some excuse for why someone stands where they do, but it is never heresy or false teaching, it is just their "honest interpretation" of the Bible - no right or wrong, no black or white - all opinions of equal value. But that mindset just does not line up with what the Bible says. No, ANYTHING DOESN'T GO in Christendom.[/quote']
Okay...umm...I'm taking a stand. I believe that you are wrong in your interpretation of those passages of spiritual gifts. I believe that charismatics are wrong in their interpretation of those passages. I have never once defended the charismatics' use of tongues or visions, quite the opposite, actually. Whether this is because of a personal vendetta or because you really can't answer my post, I don't know. I've taken stands repeatedly on different issues. I just don't go around attacking everyone that doesn't agree with me. I take a strong stand against and for certain beliefs, but that doesn't mean that I have to condemn everyone else that doesn't agree with me. If I was doing that, I would be railing on you like you do on me and many others here.

If you were honest with yourself, you would realize that the visions and dreams thread has absolutely nothing to do with my accepting false doctrine, it is a firmly held belief. If you cannot respond to it with Scripture and a proper interpretation thereof, then say so instead of making rude remarks. I can't stand it when people attack side issues when they cannot or will not respond to what is under discussion.

• Members
It is not a battle of interpretations. You have shown consistently that you don't like things black or white in Scripture - because you will not separate from anything. If it was black and white' date=' you would have to make a choice. I will not apologize for calling it as it is. Show me one issue where you have taken a clear Scriptural position on these boards and stood against those that were on the opposite side, whether it be a teacher/writer or a group within "Christendom." You don't. You always have some excuse for why someone stands where they do, but it is never heresy or false teaching, it is just their "honest interpretation" of the Bible - no right or wrong, no black or white - all opinions of equal value. But that mindset just does not line up with what the Bible says. No, ANYTHING DOESN'T GO in Christendom.[/quote']

It seems you've had it in for Kevin ever since you became mod again, and I think it's downright rude. Would anyone else be allowed to speak so towards another member? This forum has been so depressing lately because of all the negativity and censure, and if it weren't for some friends I've made here, I'd be outta here for good.

We have given you Scriptures that show that the sign gifts are done away with -

About half the board has a different opinion, it is hardly just kevin on this issue. :lol