• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Culottes are Men's Clothing

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What is interesting is if you go to a restroom anywhere in the world, the names on the doors are in the country's language, but the picture for the Men's room is always a man, with short hair, in pants, and the Women's room is always a women, with long hair, in a dress. (Usually stick like figures, but you can't miss the difference due to colthing and hair length!)

Even the world recognizes the difference, though they don't practice it.

What really irks me is when it is preached as sin from the pulpit that culottes are of the devil for women. I even heard from a missionary friend that one church put on it's query form: "What does your wife wear to bed?"

I'd have some words for that church.... :verymad:

• Members
I even heard from a missionary friend that one church put on it's query form: "What does your wife wear to bed?"

Whoa...I would have some serious problems with that. She can wear whatever she wants to bed if it's just her and her husband. :frog

A lady can ride a horse side-saddle with a long, full skirt.

I know they did that a loooong time ago, but I can't imagine that it's comfortable. They did have a kind of dress/pants thing that they used to wear so that they could ride sitting correctly on a horse that looked practically like a dress, though.

lol that's just funny... someone suggesting that the reason girls have a bigger backside than men is because we were made to wear a certain kind of clothing and do things in an uncomfortable way. (believe me, it still hurts if you sit wrong!!! lol)

I think it's hard for me to stay serious on a discussion like this... modesty is important, but I think that's the only rule for dress (besides style... some styles are TOTALLY worldly even if they're modest... like wearing a t-shirt advertising a rock band, duhhh).

Yeah' date=' but the boards were a little quiet and needed a fun topic, other than politics[/quote']

Well I have to say it's a pretty interesting topic that grew in a hurry!! And it's better than some deep doctrinal discussion where we all end up calling each other heretics and getting mad at each other.... :Green