• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My brother part 2

• Members

Today is his first court date in the separation hearing. In South Carolina, there is a one year waiting period before a divorce can take place.

For some of you, you will need an explanation. His wife went into gross immorality and left him with the kids. He is filing for separation to protect them since she has already introduced them to her alcohol and her boyfriend. She has told them how much fun she is having.

Pray for him as he goes through the pain of her actions against their marriage today. Pray for a wise judge.

• Members

Prayers for your brother, I know it will be a difficult road for him, but there is no doubt in my mind that with God's help he will be able to get down it.

Let me share this with you, it happened a few years back shortly after I surrender to preach.

I don't remember the title of my sermon, but it had to do with prayer. I brought up this verse.

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
Psalms 66:18 (KJV)

And explained, if we hide sin in our heart, refuse to confess it to God, that God will not hear our prayers.

A woman hollered out quite loud, "Your out of your ever loving mind, God will hear all prayers.

Thankfully I kept my cool and went on and gave my message and explained this, telling them, to keep our pray line open, we cannot hid sin in our hearts.

Later that week I found out that several years prior to that when her children were young that she left her husband and 2 children for another man, a few months back this man had died. I suppose I hit a very sore spot for her. Some people who do such things never want to hear the truth, they just want to continue to hide it in their heart.

I fail to understand how any woman can throw their children away.