• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tea Bags

Do you use tea bags more than once before throwing them away?  

1. 1. Do you use tea bags more than once before throwing them away?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrators

I said yes because there wasn't a sometimes on there. I like my tea pretty strong, too, so it would depend on the kind of tea I'm drinking as to whether I reuse or not. Sometimes I will make some tea in my two cup pot and only use one bag - that is like reusing it. If I steep it long enough, it will be strong enough (heh, heh, good sermon title...if we're steeped long enough in the fire God sends to mold us, we'lll be strong enough to face life... :wink ). If I'm drinking herbal tea or green tea, I only use the bag once. If I'm using leaves, then I throw them out after one use.

• Members
I said yes because there wasn't a sometimes on there. I like my tea pretty strong' date=' too, so it would depend on the kind of tea I'm drinking as to whether I reuse or not. Sometimes I will make some tea in my two cup pot and only use one bag - that is like reusing it. If I steep it long enough, it will be strong enough (heh, heh, good sermon title...if we're steeped long enough in the fire God sends to mold us, we'lll be strong enough to face life... :wink ). If I'm drinking herbal tea or green tea, I only use the bag once. If I'm using leaves, then I throw them out after one use.[/quote']
Amen sister.

No other beverage I love better than strong coffee (black and no funky stuff). My tea has to be the same way. I don't think I could re use the bag. Wasteful? no doubt Tastier? amen.

BTW good analogy! If we soak ourselves in Gods love letter to us then what....what...what can stop us???? Gotta read that letter cover to cover. Why would we go out into the storms of life without our jacket. Why would we go out in the battlefield without our Sword?

• Administrators
No, I do not, but I don't use tea bags. The only tea I drink is ice cold sweet tea.

I just don't care for a spot of tea, maybe I don't have any English blood in me, maybe to much native American blood.

I drink coffee and cappuccino.

:lol::lol: I have English blood and native American....I have to confess that I do love coffee, but I can't drink it anymore due to Acid Reflux. If I don't drink it, then I don't have to take the medicine for reflux. But tea doesn't seem to bother me that way - I usually drink decaf hot tea, to avoid the possibility of reflux, but regular ice tea doesn't seem to bother me. I'm glad for that, 'cause I do like ice tea!!

BTW - chicory was actually more native to America than coffee. I don't like chicory!!

• Members

Now chicory, those people in that state south of me love that stuff and they like it real black. I hate that stuff.

Caffeine has never seemed to bother me, I've had trouble with acid reflux, but I've left off the coffee, it don't seem to help, but just makes me hard to get along with.

I suppose those people who send used tea bags to missionaries puts used money in the collection plate when its passed around at church. :roll

:coffee

• Members

I certainly wasn't speaking of tea that you give/serve to other people when I asked the question. That would be quite rude! I just was asking because sometimes I've re-used my own tea bags when I'm having one cup right after another.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...