• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Your Church Doing a Cantata?

• Administrators

No - we don't do cantatas. We have a short program on Easter and Christmas with our 3-6 grade Sunday School classes and our Teens on Target group. This year the program is "Who Was Guilty?" and really emphasizes that Christ willingly laid down His life because He loves us. It's a good one (even if I did write it myself... :lol: ).

• Members
Hardy-har. :nono:

Hmmm, well, I'm pretty sure we won't be having Mexican dancers on tables, but we will be having special easter services and a week or so after easter we will have a special program one night from some youth who put on a Christian skit.

Isn't cantata just a singing program?

• Members

I am teaching "It Was For Me" to our choir and leading it that morning. We are having a guest preacher in that morning and not having Sunday school, so the service will begin at 10:30 instead of 11:00. We are gearing everything toward evangelism that day, as well, and inviting lost folks, who generally only come to church on Easter and Christmas, to come. We are hoping to have a record 150 people this year. :pray

• Administrators
I am teaching "It Was For Me" to our choir and leading it that morning. We are having a guest preacher in that morning and not having Sunday school' date=' so the service will begin at 10:30 instead of 11:00. We are gearing everything toward evangelism that day, as well, and inviting lost folks, who generally only come to church on Easter and Christmas, to come. We are hoping to have a record 150 people this year. :pray[/quote']

That sounds good! We do the same thing about Sunday School and the time difference. It's amazing how many people will come to hear the kids. Hope you reach that 150! :thumb

• Members

I plan on going to Kevin's church for their Living Cross cantata, Lord willing. Last year I went and it was wonderful. Kevin was in the orchestra last year and his sister was in the choir so I didn't get to see either of them that night. Although I was by myself for the evening I had a great time and the cantata was very moving. I left with a thankful heart for all my Saviour has done for me.