• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I would liketa respond to the following post:

Wilchbla wrote:

First, I have never said Scripture is not preserved w/o error. If you believe I have, please cut/paste any post from the several million I have made over the years on thousands of sites. But if ya want, we can discuss that in the IFB forum is I can get clearance to post there, so let's discuss the following here:

Second, does your Bible have Hebrews 6:4-6 in it? Those verses describe a Christian & plainly say one can fall away. Let's look at'em in the KJV:

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Please note the bolded portions. No unsaved person is made a partaker of the Holy Spirit. And one is renewed unto repentance only by being saved.

Now, I agree 110 % that NO external power nor being can remove a Christian from Jesus' hand. But one can let go on his own! Thus saith the LORD thru Paul, or whoever wrote Hebrews. Like it or not, Sportzz Fanzz, this is GOD'S saying & not something some man made up. And I'm fully aware of all the verses the OSAS people cite, but they all say in so many words that GOD won't leggo on His own, nor reject anyone. Not one of them counters Heb. 6;4-6.

We are sinking in a sea of sin. God has provided a Lifeguard in the person of His own Son, Jesus Christ. If we come to Him for rescue, He will keep us from sinking, without fail, until the time comes for us to be pulled outta that "sea" onto God's "land", either by our death or by the rapture. But we can leggo of Him, and if any of us do, He will not come after us.

Some use the excuse of "that person was never REALLY saved". However, in light of the words of Hebrews 6:4-6 that's just not so.

Again, it's not *MY* argument; it's understanding those SCRIPTURES as written.

We can discuss dispensationalism & my Scriptural view of Israel in another thread if ya wish. We oughtta keep this'n on Hebrews 6:4-6, if it's OK with y'all.

I have a question regarding this

1Pe 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

How do you interpret this verse. I was written to believers.

• Members
Onca again-Does anyone know of any UNSAVED person under the New Covenant being made a partaker of the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Ghost [bible]John 16:7, 8[/bible]

A partaker of the Holy Ghost [bible]Acts 24:1-27[/bible] Notice verse 25....

25 And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance

• Members

Yes, I go by robycop3 on most boards, Steelmaker on Ezboards. These are the ONLY 2 handles I use, accept no cheap imitations!

I do NOT believe that Felix was really a PARTAKER of the Holy Spirit. Had HE opened Felix's eyes, Felix woulda come to JESUS in belief & repentance, regardless of what ROME woulda thought of him, as did Cornelius, the centurion Peter was sent to. No, Felix was never a Christian, at least not while Paul was in his bailiwick.

• Members
.......Had HE opened Felix's eyes' date=' Felix woulda come to JESUS in belief & repentance, regardless of what ROME woulda thought of him,[/quote'] No sir, Felix exercised his free will and said "no, not now".

Who said he was?

What I tried to show you was that Felix had a direct confrontation with the Holy Spirit. Felix "reasoned" within his heart about sin, righteousness, and judgement. Sir, those three things are what make up the convicting work of the Holy Spirit.

Righteousness The Holy Spirit showed Felix the love of god and the holiness of God. Felix saw that the Lord was good.

"Temperance" He confronted Felix with his sin.

Judgement Felix was shown the consequences of his sin. The Bible says he "TREMBLED". That tells me he was "enlightened" to the reality of it all. But he never repented and trusted in Jesus. He was NEVER saved.

• Members
I believe a PARTAKER of the HS is one who's INDWELT by the HS.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

How does one "fall away"? If I die in a car crash and cuss a blue streak right before my last breath, did I "fall away"?