• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Well said... but I believe that from the time Christ ascended to Heaven till now... there has NEVER being a time Christians cannot reasonably expect the Lord to return in their lifetime.

2012 is just another groundless spectulation by "prophecy-addicts". Not to say that studying prophecy is bad, but to harp on all sorts of signs and political situations is just a WASTE of time. Remember how were the Millerites laughed by the people after falsely predicting Christ's return in 1844? That's clearly not God's will... there are ZERO signs before the Rapture.

Jesus can come back anytime. He doesn't even need Israel rebuilt as a nation. But for the sake of the lost (read 2 Peter) he's always delaying and delaying His judgment (and thus return). And thus give us, His church ample time to build up, get people saved and so on.

But when we fail to do that job, and cave in to the world, and cease to be the "salt of the earth", I think God has no choice but to return, and we can be installing a countdown timer for Antichrist's appearance. And looking at the trend going on in churches in the US and other "Christian" countries, I guess that's not very far away.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 is just another groundless spectulation by "prophecy-addicts". Not to say that studying prophecy is bad' date=' but to harp on all sorts of signs and political situations is just a WASTE of time. Remember how were the Millerites laughed by the people after falsely predicting Christ's return in 1844? That's clearly not God's will... there are ZERO signs before the Rapture.[/quote']

:amen::goodpost: ltl. :thumb

2 Corinthians 5:7...(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) KJV.

Romans 8:24-25...For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience (perserverance) wait (eagerly wait) for it. KJV.

Hebrews 11:1...Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. KJV.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Jack Van Impe is a false prophet who has apostasized from where he once stood. He is highly ecumenical - therefore would water down the truth to begin with. However, the Bible says this:

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Van Impe is a man; therefore any guesses as to dates in regards to the endtimes is delusion and deceit.

Jerry beat me to the punch, No man knoweth the day or the hour, Jack Van Impe, If you did'nt do your homework, you'd think hes right on target. In his shows they use newspaper clippings to show whats going on in the world then trys to intertwine them with his own thoughts. December 21, 2012, is where the Maya calender also ends. Maya's were a people into false gods and the study of stars. Bible says be not decieved for they cometh like a wolf in sheeps clothing. There are alot of these guys out there. Beware.