• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Rosary

• Members
Ok' date=' you are obviously indocrinated because if you actually asked a Priest or someone that is Catholic, like i have..... you would know that they donot put Mary higher than Jesus. That is blasphamy. Why make something up like that? Why not speak the truth, or if you dont know something, then just dont make ignorant comments.[/quote']

Forget the deception. I grew up Catholic. When I got saved, my family rejected me because I did not hold Mary ABOVE Jesus. That is literally what they stated to me when I was praying in Jesus' name.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, motherof1, maybe you SHOULD change religions - and become a Jaelite. She was honoured ABOVE women, not just AMONG women like poor lowly Mary...

Judges 5:24 Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.

Guest Guest

Jerry you are wrong for saying that, it shows your character!

Also, i seriously dought that was actually said from your family, because no catholic thinks that Mary is above Jesus, that is plum redicules.

• Members

From the Roman Catholic Church documents, this is what they say about Mary:

"The Immaculate Virgin was. exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things" (Vatican II documents, "Dogmatic Constitution on the Church").

She was exalted as Queen of the universe by the Lord, so that she might be more fully conformed to her Son. Mary is Queen by grace, by divine kinship, by conquest, and by singular choice. And her domain is as vast as that of her Son and God, for nothing is exempt from her dominion (William G. Most, Our Lady After Vatican II, pp. 16,17,34,46).

"As St. Irenaeus says, she being obedient, became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race. Hence not a few of the early Fathers gladly assert with him in their preaching `death through Eve, life through Mary'. This union of the mother with the Son in the work of salvation is made manifest from the time of Christ's virginal conception up to his death. She cooperated in the work of the Saviour in an altogether singular way to restore supernatural life to souls. As a result, she is our mother in the order of grace. Mary, sharing as she did even on Calvary, had a part even in the once for all acquisition of the great treasury. Now from this common sharing of will and suffering between Christ and Mary, she `merited to become most worthily the Reparatrix [one who makes amends or atonement] for a lost world,' and therefore, Dispensatrix [one who dispenses] of all the gifts which Jesus gained for us by His death and His blood (Vatican II documents).

"Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation. By her maternal charity she cares for the brethren of her Son, who still journey on earth surrounded by dangers and difficulties, until they are led into their blessed home. Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix" (Vatican II documents, "Dogmatic Constitution on the Church")

Just from these statements by the RCC, Mary is exalted higher than Jesus. Then there is the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church, etc.

• Members
Jerry you are wrong for saying that' date=' it shows your character![/quote']

Right - it shows a love for truth and a hatred of error. It also shows a complete lack of trust for someone who professes to be a Baptist, and comes on a Baptist board but promotes Catholicism or another cult.

• Members

The ecumenical movement is a cancer in "christian" society. My in-laws are sbc baptist and they see nothing wrong with the church of Rome. Many in the baptist circles are interfaith. Our baptist and even reformation fathers would be very upset if they were still around. All they did to break away from paganism and we will just run back to it.

Guest Guest

Now just how Christ-like do you think you sound? Do you honestly think that Jesus would speak that way? NOPE.

You are just another excuse why to leave my Baptist faith. Yall dont act Christian. :eek

• Members

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Luke 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Matthew 7:
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat

Guest Guest
You are just another excuse why to leave my Baptist faith. Yall dont act Christian.

Excuse is right. Rejection of Christ is what you are really dealing with. You reject the Living Christ of scripture to fabricate a false Christ who you will follow. Like I have said before it is nothing personal, but you are rejecting Christ and that is serious.

It is written:

"John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

And further:

"John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine."

"John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you."

"John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

"John 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not."

"John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

And finally:

"Acts 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee."